Vista is another outstanding flop !

GTO

I have been running vista as a test and all I can say is this. IT IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !!!. Other than looking pretty it is just another way for microsoft to make money by forcing people to buy new products. I hope Bill Gates will read this because I have reached the end of my rope with microsoft. In stead of simplyfying things they have complicated things. Instead of finishing a product like xp, and just making it perfect they leave it in limbo and move on to the next thing, vista. It is time for Linux to make its move. To all linux programmers out there come together and formulate a standard and make a serious move into all aspects of the market. To Bill Gates stop worrying about the business and make a better product. The bottom line is that the US military is going to have more headaches with vista than they had with xp. Microsoft should have just taken xp and made direct x 10 run on it and finally fixed all the bugs with xp and made a perfect system instaed of moving on to the next product. Basically people all that I want out of vista is direct x 10. And all I need is a perfect system. All microsoft and Bill Gates are about is the money. Come on Linux I want to be able to run all my games and programs like fruity loops, reason protools etc on linux. I want to be able to go and buy a program in a store and see Linux compatability. The bottom line is that microsoft uses Linux on all there main servers instaed of the programs that they create, to me that says it all ! Microft I suggest you make xp open source so we can have one perfect version of windowsinstaed of however many incomplete versions. catch a wake up microsoft !!! I am highly irritated with you and I will never purchase a microsoft product again and thats the bottom line.

What exactly are the problems you've got with Vista. And like you say - THIS IS TEST SOFTWARE! We're not even in release candidate stage yet so of course there will be compatibity issues!

The bottom line is that the US military is going to have more headaches with vista than they had with xp.
I doubt the military is going to be using Vista at all.
The bottom line is that microsoft uses Linux on all there main servers instaed of the programs that they create, to me that says it all
No, they use IIS/6.0, as of this post...

You're not the only one to notice the decline in software quality. Expect it to continue like this unless something truly revolutionary happens.

Other than looking pretty it is just another way for microsoft to make money by forcing people to buy new products.

Microsoft is a company just like any other, if they don't make new products then they will go under simple as that, i am sure you can stick with XP for awhile but remeber, EOL happens for everything (end of life)

In stead of simplyfying things they have complicated things. Instead of finishing a product like xp, and just making it perfect they leave it in limbo and move on to the next thing, vista

If there is something that you don't like, submit a feed back report about it, but don't just say it sucks, tell them what you don't like, why, and give an example how to make it better. Also they haven't stopped making XP better, XP Sp3 is coming out soonish, even while building a new OS they have been updating the one that is out there.

The bottom line is that the US military is going to have more headaches with vista than they had with xp.

I can't speak for the military, but i would highly bet that they have already evaluated Vista to see if it meets their criteria for security and stability. i can say this, after moving to Vista though they will be able to stop hot gluing their USB ports on their computers closed :)

The bottom line is that microsoft uses Linux on all there main servers instaed of the programs that they create, to me that says it all !

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutio...it/winsrvr.mspx

Windows Server configurations for both in house servers and Web servers all server 2003 R2, IIS 6.0,

Your right,

vista will be a huge jump for most people in terms of compatibility and change. This is MS's fault for not releasing an OS in 4 or 5 years, this should never happen as it allows people to fall into a habit with the software they use, they get very comfortable with it and don't think there is anything better or don't want to be hassled learning something new. The IT world is run through inovation, getting into a rut means that sooner or later you lose... but before you rant make sure you have valid points for it...

Windows Vista must be the next logical step forward, though it is delayed. For me it should have been much earlier that MS released an improved desktop OS and definitely a newer SP for XP.

I´m really wondering if MS is working on development of another desktop OS wich could be released in just a few years after Vista, like it happened with XP right after Win Me. I´m almost surtain that they are, because it seems logical.

Maybe they will, with the new DirectX10 while they are playing war games :D

you know what the funny part is...

every where i hear about 4 general opnions...

> a flame bait by some guy that downloaded a test-version thats not even in RC state.

> a troll by some wanna-bee windows / M$-basher.

> a wow-this is so cewl and looks so verry awsom ....

and a > hmm it could be better (WAY BETTER) but at least they finaly fixed ......problem x and y and z now

but shamefully nearly none of the posters read al the many-post already written on these (and other) forums about vista,

this is a topic so verry mutch written about that it gets lame indead...

/me sighs, when will we ever learn to speak of details, talking about solusions or alternatives about solving problemes instead of weeping about them

What build have you been testing? Beta 2 is not that good a build for overall compatibility so that may be why you had a bad experience. If possible, try and use build 5456 which I find to be a better build overall (and IMHO should have been B2).

Other than looking pretty it is just another way for microsoft to make money by forcing people to buy new products.

Microsoft is a company just like any other, if they don't make new products then they will go under simple as that, i am sure you can stick with XP for awhile but remeber, EOL happens for everything (end of life)

In stead of simplyfying things they have complicated things. Instead of finishing a product like xp, and just making it perfect they leave it in limbo and move on to the next thing, vista

If there is something that you don't like, submit a feed back report about it, but don't just say it sucks, tell them what you don't like, why, and give an example how to make it better. Also they haven't stopped making XP better, XP Sp3 is coming out soonish, even while building a new OS they have been updating the one that is out there.

I can't speak for the military, but i would highly bet that they have already evaluated Vista to see if it meets their criteria for security and stability. i can say this, after moving to Vista though they will be able to stop hot gluing their USB ports on their computers closed :)

The bottom line is that microsoft uses Linux on all there main servers instaed of the programs that they create, to me that says it all !

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutio...it/winsrvr.mspx

Windows Server configurations for both in house servers and Web servers all server 2003 R2, IIS 6.0,

Your right,

vista will be a huge jump for most people in terms of compatibility and change. This is MS's fault for not releasing an OS in 4 or 5 years, this should never happen as it allows people to fall into a habit with the software they use, they get very comfortable with it and don't think there is anything better or don't want to be hassled learning something new. The IT world is run through inovation, getting into a rut means that sooner or later you lose... but before you rant make sure you have valid points for it...

I have been running vista as a test and all I can say is this. IT IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !!!. Other than looking pretty it is just another way for microsoft to make money by forcing people to buy new products.

I have to been running vista as a test the last 1.5 mounth and I can say the same as the guy who open this thread vista IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !!!. it is eating al my ram and has to much security alert with this Windows Defenter it can`t even acccept and remember my AV EZ e Trust 7.20 it pop up with and want be to allow every time i restart vista and this piece of trach that is name Windows Defenter is something i very much would like to remove so all it`s files is gone ,i have try to remove windows vista beta software with this file vs_uninst_winfx.exe as it says i shall befor i can instal NET Framework 3.0 dotnetfx3setup.exe but it says i still have to remove Windows Communication Foundation befor i can instal NET Framework 3.0 but have try alot of times. but all open source app i use except Gaim Messenger 1.50 are working just as good as in xp home.

Microsoft Vista Beta Build 5384 Pre release proram from the 9 june 2006.

I have to been running vista as a test the last 1.5 mounth and I can say the same as the guy who open this thread vista IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !!!. it is eating al my ram and has to much security alert with this Windows Defenter it can`t even acccept and remember my AV EZ e Trust 7.20 it pop up with and want be to allow every time i restart vista and this piece of trach that is name Windows Defenter is something i very much would like to remove so all it`s files is gone ,i have try to remove windows vista beta software with this file vs_uninst_winfx.exe as it says i shall befor i can instal NET Framework 3.0 dotnetfx3setup.exe but it says i still have to remove Windows Communication Foundation befor i can instal NET Framework 3.0 but have try alot of times. but all open source app i use except Gaim Messenger 1.50 are working just as good as in xp home.

Microsoft Vista Beta Build 5384 Pre-release program.

and like i said before

you know what the funny part is...

every where i hear about 4 general opnions (about vista)...

> a flame bait by some guy that downloaded a test-version thats not even in RC state.

> a troll by some wanna-bee windows / M$-basher.

> a wow-this is so cewl and looks so verry awsom ....

and a > hmm it could be better (WAY BETTER) but at least they finaly fixed ......problem x and y and z now

but shamefully nearly none of the posters read al the many-post already written on these (and other) forums about vista,

this is a topic so verry mutch written about that it gets lame indead...

/me sighs, when will we ever learn to speak of details, talking about solusions or alternatives about solving problemes instead of weeping about them

and it gets quite disturbing that - so many "users" bash vista.

Now let me ask you this... How many of you guys actualy spend time trying to fix your problems, befor bashing at microsoft, how many of you actualy send a bug-report to MS,

how many of you (guru's) actualy took a dictionairy at hand and looked up the word: BETA or BETA SOFTWARE??????

i realy wonder......

(btw: why posting the same massage twice matrix-didn't you know about the edit function?)

well the scary thing about Vista is yes it is currently rubbish, and yes it is beta software, but it is supposed to be in stores in just a few months! I really dont see how Microsoft can fix all of its problems in this short period of time. Also I just dont see any compelling reason to 'upgrade' to vista. OSX looks better everyday. The only hope I have for MS is they're intentionally making these betas crap so people cannot use them for work and have to buy the final product, but I doubt that is true and MS is probably in a lot of trouble.

i have to say i quite agree

OS are bigger and bigger, slow down the machine more and more, wasting cpu power and hd space.

An OS should be there to let the user operate the system (hence the name).

IF they were serious peoples, M$ would have worked on improving xp core (as they did from 2k to xp, in a way).This would have resulted in a faster, smaller, optimised core.

Then they could always buy Stardock to have eyecandy stuff...

Drivers should be unified (i mean, there should be ONE directX graphic-card driver, and all manufacturers should make compliant gfx cards), same for network, etc

Well, who am I...

I'll stick with my nlited XP as much as i can, then, will try to switch to linux, if i can run FL studio on it :)

Edited by emodel