[RELEASE] Windows 9x Power Pack v4.1 RELEASED!

I haven't worked on the next version in a while.

For the time being, here's a List Of Apps for those that wish to make translated versions:

• IE6 SP1
  • DirectX9 October 2006
  • Unicows
  • Unofficial Service Packs for Win98 Gold, SE, and Windows Me.
  • Microsoft XML libraries
  • IE6 SP1 Cummulative Update Pack (Maximus Decim)
  • MDAC Updater (Maximus Decim)
  • Kernel Update Project (Xeno86)
  • NUSB v2.3/2.4 (Maximus Decim)
  • 98SE2Me (MDGx)
  • RPLite 6PP (Tihiy)
  • Windows Media Player 9
  • Windows Media Codecs
  • 7zip Archiver
  • KLCodec Pack
  • 98SEWMP10 (MDGx)

I'm still deciding on whether or not I want to use Sophoric's AutoPatcher Alpha or not. It's relativley large, and includes practically all patches for Win98SE, and works rather well (I've tested it on old systems, it's pretty sweet in terms of speed).

Work will continue as soon as I'm not exhausted from work... Which will probably be after the holidays.

I'm still deciding on whether or not I want to use Sophoric's AutoPatcher Alpha or not. It's relativley large, and includes practically all patches for Win98SE, and works rather well (I've tested it on old systems, it's pretty sweet in terms of speed).

I won't be offended if you don't include the autopatcher, it probably doesn't make sense to (ie lots of duplication) --- but maybe include a folder with a text file in it with the URL to the MSFN thread that at least announces that it exists so then people can grab it if they think they need it.

I haven't worked on the next version in a while.

For the time being, here's a List Of Apps for those that wish to make translated versions:

• IE6 SP1
  • DirectX9 October 2006
  • Unicows
  • Unofficial Service Packs for Win98 Gold, SE, and Windows Me.
  • Microsoft XML libraries
  • IE6 SP1 Cummulative Update Pack (Maximus Decim)
  • MDAC Updater (Maximus Decim)
  • Kernel Update Project (Xeno86)
  • NUSB v2.3/2.4 (Maximus Decim)
  • 98SE2Me (MDGx)
  • RPLite 6PP (Tihiy)
  • Windows Media Player 9
  • Windows Media Codecs
  • 7zip Archiver
  • KLCodec Pack
  • 98SEWMP10 (MDGx)

Work will continue as soon as I'm not exhausted from work... Which will probably be after the holidays.

It's better to replace older IE6 SP1 Cumulative Update Pack with this, updated to november:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=595988

Thanks for the heads up :D

A question.

If you create new power pack with my italian localizations, can you decide to publish it in this server, such as english version?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Windows_9x_Power...atch_d5203.html

How have you done?

Ps: New version of IE component update by maximus-decim:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=89027

In another discussion there is also new version of MDAC component update by maximus-decim.

Edited by Max_04

• 1 month later...

Just to defend here, no this isn't vaporware. Although some of the updates have been updated since, for those that don't already have all the stuff in the Power Pack it's very conveniant to have it all on one disk. It has a nice GUI autorun as well.

I don't know if they'll be another one made but if it is being worked on then jimmsta is probably just waiting for some of the other projects to settle down before deciding what to pack into it and how to do it.

For those that want to use the programs contained in the current version, then with the exception of keeping an eye on updated versions of some of the stuff it is still a good collection.

Vaporware is where nothing of value ever gets released. This project has already produced a nice collection of software in a well thought out format.

• 3 weeks later...

As of today, I've begun working on the final next release. I've pulled some items from my BHT project, to make it possible to easily update the compilation, as well as add support for custom languages.

If you're maintaining all patches for a specific language, please get in touch with me, reguarding download links and patch names, so that I can mirror the files and create a list of url's for downloading.

I'll be releasing an English beta release within the next few days. It does NOT contain an autorun as of yet, since I lost all of v4.5's work in a random windows fkup.

The plus side of losing all of v4.5 is that I've progressed and made this simliar to BHT, which makes my life a lot easier.

As of today, I've begun working on the final next release. I've pulled some items from my BHT project, to make it possible to easily update the compilation, as well as add support for custom languages.

If you're maintaining all patches for a specific language, please get in touch with me, reguarding download links and patch names, so that I can mirror the files and create a list of url's for downloading.

I'll be releasing an English beta release within the next few days. It does NOT contain an autorun as of yet, since I lost all of v4.5's work in a random windows fkup.

The plus side of losing all of v4.5 is that I've progressed and made this simliar to BHT, which makes my life a lot easier.

No Problem I'll give you links of downloads.

I'm waiting MDGx to publish some things.

Edited by Max_04

• 4 weeks later...

A new day, a new idea.

Win9xPP needs developers!

I'll be uploading the latest 'beta' version to the site (http://www.win9xpp.org/).

From there, you may register an account, then ask me in this thread to give you priviliges. I need individual developers for each language supported. I'll then have separate sections of the site dedicated to the individual developers versions.

Essentially, this will allow for a standard base for all languages, and will create a hub where all known patches exist for all languages.

Also, I'll need someone to help out with the English version. I've got a lot of work to do on other things, and Win9xpp has slipped way back - well over 6 months.

A new day, a new idea.

Win9xPP needs developers!

I'll be uploading the latest 'beta' version to the site (http://www.win9xpp.org/).

From there, you may register an account, then ask me in this thread to give you priviliges. I need individual developers for each language supported. I'll then have separate sections of the site dedicated to the individual developers versions.

Essentially, this will allow for a standard base for all languages, and will create a hub where all known patches exist for all languages.

Also, I'll need someone to help out with the English version. I've got a lot of work to do on other things, and Win9xpp has slipped way back - well over 6 months.

I'm registered, please give me priviliges to support italian language. :thumbup

Very very nice !!! thank you .... so this pack has ie6sp1 and ALL the security updates the MS offerd ? i am lookin to redo a old laptop (pII) and this would be great for an all in one install ? maybe i misuderstood what you listed was in this pack

Great job !!!