[RELEASE] Windows 9x Power Pack v4.1 RELEASED!

v4.1 has files for all English versions of Windows 98 FE/SE/Me. I'm working to get a multilingual version out, as well as getting all the latest patches together into... a patch.

All you need to download is v4.1, and you'll be set with the patches for all Win9x OS's (that is, all 98+ versions, there aren't any 95 patches).

v4.1 has files for all English versions of Windows 98 FE/SE/Me. I'm working to get a multilingual version out, as well as getting all the latest patches together into... a patch.

All you need to download is v4.1, and you'll be set with the patches for all Win9x OS's (that is, all 98+ versions, there aren't any 95 patches).

If you want I've translated SP for Windows98SE/ME, Native Usb, Revolution Pack, 98SE2XP, 98SEMP10 in italian. :P

Edited by Max_04

If you want I've translated SP for Windows98SE/ME, Native Usb, Revolution Pack, 98SE2XP, 98SEMP10 in italian. :P

Certainly - PM me links to where I can download them all. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I've released the latest version of my BHT* utility package, so I'm back to work on the next patch for this package.

The next patch will include: LLXX's Copy2GB patch, as well as her 48-bit LBA patches. A slightly-cleaned up GUI (some machines don't display the fonts correctly). Tihiy's latest RPLite and LameSkin applications, and various other in-development apps.

I'd like to move the autorun over to a K-Meleon based gui, as it works very well on Win9x, and is very versitile when it comes to customization. This is probably a feature for v4.5 or 5.0.

I may also start up a separate website for it, (Win9xPP.org, perhaps).

All in all, expect a patch by the end of next week (October 20th or so).

* See my signature for a link.

I've released the latest version of my BHT* utility package, so I'm back to work on the next patch for this package.

The next patch will include: LLXX's Copy2GB patch, as well as her 48-bit LBA patches. A slightly-cleaned up GUI (some machines don't display the fonts correctly). Tihiy's latest RPLite and LameSkin applications, and various other in-development apps.

I'd like to move the autorun over to a K-Meleon based gui, as it works very well on Win9x, and is very versitile when it comes to customization. This is probably a feature for v4.5 or 5.0.

I may also start up a separate website for it, (Win9xPP.org, perhaps).

All in all, expect a patch by the end of next week (October 20th or so).

* See my signature for a link.

:w00t: Great Googlieotomies Jimmsta, what do you expect this pack to top out at sizewise :whistle: Gonna be a great pack :thumbup

Anyone want a new release of DirectX? Surprisingly, this month's release from Microsoft includes a new dll for Win9x.

Here it is:

http://repository.jimmsta.com/release/dx9cOct06.exe (32MB 7zip compressed SFX archive).

This is only for Win9x. Do not attempting to install it on NT-based Windows. I've stripped the cabs for x64 and any OS higher than WinMe.

Edited by jimmsta

• 1 month later...

It's not dead, I assure you.

I'm just probably going to drop the whole Patch idea, as a patch will be well over 50MB in size...Expect v4.5 within the next month. I'm still actively working on the project (ok, somewhat actively).

At the moment, I'm working on the official website, which will be located here: http://www.win9xpp.org (registered, Joomla is installed, but there's no content, and no template).

Edited by jimmsta

• 3 weeks later...