How can I slipstream all updates into the source

hyipo

Guess what I might not be able to reply to this forum again because

I think the ISP blocked access to your website. I have to use Proxy Servers to get here.

I think Net Neutrality is destroyed because they are now blocking me from legal websites like msfn.

What should I do?

Firefox is installed Simultaniusly alonside Windows, its not integrated into the Operating System.

quite wrong....there is an addon that slipstream ff into xp.......

I'm actually going to have to say you're both wrong, only you're more wrong.

1. The addons aren't slipstream or integrated into XP. They added to a built-in mechanism that's put in by MS to allow for system builders to include their own software that is installed AFTER XP is installed. Though the act occurs during Windows Setup, at T-13 XP is pretty much already installed in a limited working sense. A slipstream/integrate in the sense that's common among system builders is most easily described as when a file that is physically a part of XP is replaced by a "newer" version of the SAME file. By that definition, the nLite addons aren't slipstreamed/integrated in that sense.

2. As for bumping a thread. There is NOTHING wrong with bumping a thread. That being said, that's of course if you aren't obnoxious about it. You bump thread after 3-4 days go by, that's fine. Bump a thread every hour till someone else replies...that's annoying and pointless.

Perhaps we need a glossary of terms so that there aren't any future misconceptions and misuse of the terms.

@hyipo

With regards to MSFN being blocked by your ISP, I would ensure it's not being blocked locally without your knowledge before accusing your ISP. If it's not your local service, call up your service provider's support and complain.

1. The addons aren't slipstream or integrated into XP. They added to a built-in mechanism that's put in by MS to allow for system builders to include their own software that is installed AFTER XP is installed. Though the act occurs during Windows Setup, at T-13 XP is pretty much already installed in a limited working sense. A slipstream/integrate in the sense that's common among system builders is most easily described as when a file that is physically a part of XP is replaced by a "newer" version of the SAME file. By that definition, the nLite addons aren't slipstreamed/integrated in that sense.

So what is the point of the "slipstreamed" software?

and when do you get to install the software?

So what is the point of the "slipstreamed" software?

and when do you get to install the software?

so that it installs ready to use without you having to do it yourself. that's the WHOLE point of it. To have a system configured the way you want it "out of the box".

Softare can be installed from 4 general places. T-12 aka CMDLINES.TXT, T-13 aka SVCPACK.INF, T-9 SETUPPARAMS, or GUIRUNONCE (first logon, also known as RunOnceEX [technically they're two different processes, but occur around the same time]).

Hey be easy on Hyipo. He just wants some help. If I didn't know any better I say you banned his IP address.

He just wants help is that so wrong.

Also if there would be more people posting help then maybe the forums will be cleaner.

If I knew a lot I would join this forum as a moderator to help people.

Also deleting this post is violation of Freedom Of Speech.

Edited by SammyDawn

Heck aren't the forums suppost to help people and not start fights. All fighting will do is get everybody on this forum banned, and could cause this whole forum to shut down if theres a riot. I think it's better to help people then to start saying stuff like

oh I bet more posts from this person are coming.

Just help people and they are happy and will not need to keep posting.

Edited by peat1927

i think we all need to sleep on it

for the people havet being to bed yet and that will help

arr welcome to the world of forums :)

some things will get users fired up

but everyone need to step away for 5 mins have something to drink and maybe a smoke if you do .. than come back to see if thats helps :)

i think the topice should be locked and/or set to invisable