Windows 98 + ME *still* alive campaign + logos

Hello every1,

I have started a "Windows 98 + ME *still* alive Campaign" because of the hype in the media lately about the so-called impending doom of all 98/98SE/ME OSes, due to the recent M$ termination of support for Windows 98, 98SE + ME as of July 11 2006.

And when it comes to opinions, everybody is an expert... they basically say to upgrade to 2000, XP, Vista or Linux, or drop dead Fred, or lameo, n00b etc... Yeah, right.

Fortunately we know better. ;)

This is *not* a request for M$ to reconsider providing support for 98/ME, because they won't, no matter what.

This is *not* a promotion for my site *nor* any other web site/forum/blog/etc.

This is just a guide to available Windows 98/98 SE/ME updates, tips, fixes and web sites that provide everything needed to run 98/98 SE/ME OSes.

Campaign promo [feel free to link to this page]:

http://www.mdgx.com/spx/

URL above contains a list of web sites where campaign promo has been posted so far.

NEW:

Campaign logos [822 KB, ZIPPed]

Anybody wants to join in?

Please take a minute and post a link to this promo at as many web sites + forums as you wish, especially at major sites that matter, like CNN, PC World, C|Net, Internet Week, Computer World, Major Geeks etc, even at M$ forums if possible.

Popular 98/ME forums.

I do appreciate greatly your valuable input, time + concern.

But please keep this thread strictly about this subject, all other ideas how to improve 98/ME etc, should be posted in their own separate forums.

Thanks in advance.

Long live 98SE B)

i know i have been kinda against 98se, but i still need it as an operating system for a few computers in my house. so how can i help?

iv written a tutorial on how to get the ipod to work under 98. i dont know if itll work under 98 FR, but i can test that out.

its here if you want to look at it

Edited by Cygnus

i know i have been kinda against 98se, but i still need it as an operating system for a few computers in my house. so how can i help?

iv written a tutorial on how to get the ipod to work under 98. i dont know if itll work under 98 FR, but i can test that out.

its here if you want to look at it

Thanks for your kind help.

I have added your tutorial link here:

http://www.mdgx.com/drv.htm#DRV

Did you know about this one:

http://www.98-drivers.com/

Also points to an ipod USB drivers tutorial.

I have it linked at my "drv.htm#DRV" page above.

The ipod USB driver tip may not work with 98 FE, because of primitive USB support [don't quote me on this, I have not tested].

If you'd like to help, please post a link to the promo I've posting around:

http://www.mdgx.com/spx/

at some forums/web sites you know might be visited by potential 98/ME users.

Then please post here the links for everybody to read + enjoy. ;)

Thanks for caring.

Best wishes.

Win98SE/ME gets more live

by the minute.I don't visit many forums but i did asked everybody

I know that owns a computer to write M$ about Win98 support.

70+ Millions of users should be a good enough reason

Win98SE forever :w00t:

lol yah, they should just extend support. maybe not have the same amount of people working on it, but MS would still be making money off of other operating systems. but then again, its probably just against theyre way to give free stuff. but then again, they did just release VPC for free... :rolleyes:

Great Project the "Windows 98 + ME *still* alive" campaign . :thumbup

im putting it on my website's mainpage :)

btw, thanks mdgx for posting a link on your site :D

I'll join.

I also put a link on my page. :w00t:

From me too a thank you.

Edited by winxpi

i was also thinking of making a 98 boot image. using EasyBoot im going to include a lot of stuff, like the windows 98 power pack, and all. ill post it up when i get it done. or for the most part, kinda a beta i guess. let me know what you think of the idea.

im going to need a nice background for the boot screen too :P:lol:

the title i was thinking of going with for this project would be "Windows 98 Ultimate Edition" think its any good? :unsure:

Edited by Cygnus

count me in -- already put some posts on MDGx' leads

Win98SE/ME gets more live

by the minute.I don't visit many forums but i did asked everybody

I know that owns a computer to write M$ about Win98 support.

70+ Millions of users should be a good enough reason

Win98SE forever :w00t:

It's a danged long shot, but given the rising tide of Billanoia and the surrenders that his new "OS" will doubtless require, and given that there are 70+ millions of us w98er's left in the lurch -- it all emphasizes the importance of MDGx' idea -- if we organize efficiently right now, and indicating our intent to "survive" by growing the program, it is not totally inconceivable, that in a year's time this board could take control of w98 away from Bill -- leaving w98er's saying "Astala ?????" to Bill instead of the other way around.

If each of those 70 millions of user would give just one dollar each there would be enough money to write security updates for the next fifty years I believe.

With 10 dollars each, there would be enough money to write drivers for any new hardware coming up in the next fifty years, including CPU clusters and all that. And still plenty left for cosmetics etc...

:whistle: