nLite 1.0.1 beta

nuhi

And how do yu recognize, whether a problem is caused by nLite or by sereby's pack? As I said before, the errors are absolutely hard to spot and thus one canot expect someone to choose the "right forum" i.e. the german-nlite board instead of nuhi's board. And even if one did so, it is from my experience not possible to identify the source of the problem(s) and thus one may well lay blame at nuhi's door though the error results from sereby's pack.

I hope that Gurgelmeyer is capable of helping with these CAT-stuff.

I think nearly every problem that comes up is caused by Sereby's pack, because the installer does the main work. I see the problem with the users who blame nuhi because the integration of the pack does not work correct. But it is something like XPize, the users have to know, that the support is not given by nuhi, but by Sereby if possible. Every problem with the integration of the pack should be posted in the Updatepack forum, because then Sereby can see, if it is a problem with the installer or nLite.

The .cat problem is caused by too many .cat files, we all know that. What we would need, is something like one SP3.cat, that replaces the tons of .cat files. Sereby allows 200 .cat files for normal integration and 165 .cat files for nLite integration now, as other Addons have .cat files, too. So that the setup should not hang or slow down that much (3-4 minutes and they should be registered). Perhaps Gurgelmeyer can help us here. :unsure:

Edited by Dynaletik

got this when testing it today:

untitled2nq1.th.jpg

I've got that same error a couple times now out of probably a dozen runs and also notice that the whole process seems to run much slower than with RC8. I've had a couple "push the reset button" freezes too.

FWIW, these have ALL been with the new .NET patch, so I can't jump to the conclusion that it is a fault of Beta 1.0.1. Also, I have added your WMP 11 add on and 4 other very small add ons since using RC8 and the non-updated .NET.

Edit: Disregard the reference to the process being slower - I didn't see the 1.0.1 final release until after I made this post - just ran through once with the final and decided the slow down was in fact due to adding the add ons, I left out IE7B3 from the extra add ons I had included since RC8 too and it is kinda slow to process. That one run on 1.0.1 final was flawless.

sho_gun_settings.ini

Edited by sho_gun

i had this error randomly and i cant not link it to my wmp11 pack or to .net2 patch. and funny i cant repet it......

Nor can I and I've ran it around 7 times today all with perfect results and all with 1.0.1 final .... although the changelog doesn't mention anything that looks related to my novice eyes, maybe it was a side effect of one of the changed items?

Hey janerik, we still can not reconstruct the problem that is still reported with the pack. All other problems are fixed, but the last one does not come up for us. We did exactly the same as the user in the board did, but it works. Ehm, did you see any bugreports in this thread here? NO, they all were reported in the packs subforum. P.S.: There will always be bugs in software, because no one can test it on every configuration that exists. I already told Sereby to release the fixed version as 1.5.7.1 beta, so the users can test it a few days and then release it as final.

i test my pack every time i integrate new hotfixes! and this is every month not only one day because i integrate then not in one bunch.

i make a real install of the pack on a fresh sp2 installed system with the win-install option and one with integrated pack! and if all works for me (and dynaletik test it too). if NOT then i install and fix it until it works! and i can say you its not just 1 day -.-

to the .cat files:

they are there to sign the files digital. if you would install the updates without the .cat files and without disabled sfc you would get a lot of messages. but if you integrate the files into source all is ok and no .cat is needed but in setuperr.log are many errors which say that the files arn't correctly signed and some .cat files fixes other stuff like kb888111. without the cat file errors popup during setup and after. no problems with it.

Edited by Sereby

I thought most update packs could be integrated using a /integrate switch.

Also, according to this screenshot,

prev.png

nlite has (fast) nothing to do to integrate.

So saying nlite has a "support" for this pack is a bit too much imho and therefore, there is support to remove.

PS: I know there this entry in nlite's changelog "update: Sereby Pack integration support returned ", I guess this was only an small error in nlite.

Oh, and forgot to say : "this is not the correct place to discuss this pack!"