nLite 1.0.1 beta

nuhi

bledd, yeah as R said it's because 7za doesn't support all formats...unexpected I know.

sho_gun, goood, goood.

spazmire11, yes you can.

Well if you need some new entry support which isn't crucial for your pack to operate with integrator too then ok but if it would make it nlite only then I don't know, it wouldn't be polite unless you don't have anything against it or if it's aimed specifically for nlite operations.

tap52384, for 1.1 there must be priority on nlite's main feature and that's components, then we can talk about integrations, but don't worry as dx is important and if it is decompressable on the fly then it is doable but that's for some later time.

janerik, yeah I know but few people asked me to return it so i did, doesn't really matter to us, we'll see in the preset if it's used.

MarkCoolio, you get another 'goood'

As for cab, I got a few reports of weird error which were from internal CAB support...not common but still there.

rado354, yes sir

ruddywarrior, no way! gotta try that, it shouldn't matter what is the filename.

Sereby, oo hi :D, don't worry just send me a message if you see some mistake with the integration.

I would like to say just one little thing:

If anyone had problems with serebys pack than just DONT use it. There are many other Packs like that. For example for german XPs the german-nlite.de Updatepack and much more. :whistle:

As a matter of fact i dont even use this pack very often because there are to many patches inside but everytime i use this pack it was faultless.

And @janerik there is such thing like betatesting because i was some time ago such a betatester. :hello:

So please @nuhi let the Support for this pack in nlite. :thumbup

Please remove support for sereby's update-pack again.

His pack isn't compiled diligently and lots of errors are reported by users. Sereby seemingly does not

want to correct them but adds useless gimicks from time to time.

:realmad::realmad:

Hey, what a bul*****, I like Serebys and so I dont use nLite 1.0 Final, because the support was broken. Do you use this pack? If not, why do you grumble?

:realmad::realmad:

It's sooo normal, more people more tension...every time thread has to have some kind of a fight.

People, chill, use whatever you want but please don't try to convert the other one, it's like religion ;)

So I'm uploading this as a stable version, right?

No issues with changed things?

One last minute request .... and I have no idea if its even possible ....

IE7 does NOT install as the default browser, if its as simple as adding a "make default" switch, that would be appreciated.

Thanks again

What TEXTMODE problems does this fix? I had a problem where my nvraid drivers weren't being properly integrated even though I followed all the steps by Fernando1 to integrate them with nLite. Would it fix that?

It's sooo normal, more people more tension...every time thread has to have some kind of a fight.

People, chill, use whatever you want but please don't try to convert the other one, it's like religion ;)

Why not make a "Shout and complain here" topic ? :D

Also, I'm wondering how you're using 7zip. I use 7za for my own needs and get a window that appears for each archive; it appears, disappears, another one appears..... Pretty annoying. Did you get rid of that ?

Due to that, removing the extra support for sereby's pack from nlite's code will return in (theoretically) less problems.

Hmm, am I right by thinking that these code lines for Sereby's Pack are not even touched when not selecting the Pack for integration, nuhi? So I think that users, who do not use the pack have got now trouble with the support.

And all users who use the Pack and got problems with it, report them in the according section in german-nlite forum, so nuhi and nLite have got nothing to do with any support or errors.

Correct me, if I am wrong. :unsure:

We're going to contact Gurgelmeyer and see, how the .cat problem can be solved.

Edited by Dynaletik

ruddywarrior, no way! gotta try that, it shouldn't matter what is the filename.

I know it shouldn't matter. All my other hotfixes are renamed as 'QXXXXXX.exe" and I have never had any problems. Maybe it was just a fluke. I should have tried it one more time as IE7BETA3.exe before changing the name back to the original.

I was also wondering if I could use the regular metod of hotfix integration (to have the hotfix run during setup as opposed to direct integration) to allow IE7 Beta 3 to appear in Add/Remove Programs (or at least make a $NtUnistall folder) and be uninstalled if necessary.