nLite 1.0.1 beta

nuhi

This is a kinda hotfix edition, but you know I gotta add something extra, so here are the gizmos:

#1.0.1 changes

• new: Catala and Urdu interface language
  • new: 7zip, Zip and RAR compressed addons support
  • update: Internet Explorer 7 beta 3 integration support (XP only)
  • update: Sereby Pack integration support returned
  • fix: Textmode driver integration (if it worked for you in RC8)

This textmode part is the guilty one for this update.

Ok now please test it if you are interested in these changes and don't worry if you install that iso on a real machine, you won't need to reinstall if you confirm that it's ok, I'll just release it tomorrow as the 1.0.1 final.

If some of you are testing rvm update pack 7zip version be sure to throw it in.

note:

Please don't report this on the software sites as it will be updated in a day.

teaser:

Oh and 1.1 beta is in the works, this is only a portion from it ;)

the goods:

Download (at the bottom of the page, ctrl+f5 once if you don't see it)

the 7zip addons support is sweet :)

-edit is there a reason why you don't use the 7za.exe file instead?(standalone version) wouldn't need the codecs and formats folders then.. although i'm not sure if the command line version supports rar extraction (this could just be left out?)

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzi...42.zip?download

or should this be directed at ryan + sigi?

-edit2

integrated ryan 2.1.0 pack with no problems :)

Edited by bledd

so does that mean i can now send out .7z packages for nlite?

if so id asume it follows the same idea as the cab form?

might seem like a odd request but can we maybe set get a way to do diffrent things varying on os version?

I was going to test this, but since there is a 1.1 beta coming out, i'll leave the testing to those with more time. It is impressive that there is support for 7zip'ed addons, but I am also curious as to how that would work. Is DirectX update integration in the works as well?

the 7zip addons support is sweet :)

-edit is there a reason why you don't use the 7za.exe file instead?(standalone version) wouldn't need the codecs and formats folders then.. although i'm not sure if the command line version supports rar extraction (this could just be left out?)

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzi...42.zip?download

or should this be directed at ryan + sigi?

-edit2

integrated ryan 2.1.0 pack with no problems :)

Would prefer 7za.exe too..

for CAB the internal methods can still be used.

So all formats would work and installer would get slightly smaller again...

Please remove support for sereby's update-pack again.

His pack isn't compiled diligently and lots of errors are reported by users. Sereby seemingly does not

want to correct them but adds useless gimicks from time to time. His work is the absolute opposite of what Gurgelmeyer does concerning his Windows 2000 SP5. Maybe this is due to the fact that youths at the age of 16 usually do not care for acting in a business-like, "professional" way.

Anyone who wants to use this pack though can do so via sereby's install/integrate tool which is included in that

update-pack. But in my opinion it is not worth to add support for this faulty piece of software (he does not even have a public beta-test. Thus his "final" releases must be the betas...) and risk to have people blaming nLite and not Sereby for appearing errors.

All in all I recommend heavily not to use sereby's update-pack because it is not yet clear which negative aspecst can turn up.

Ehm, does ANYONE tell you to use the pack janerik? If you don't use it, be happy and that's it. There are a lot of people, who use Sereby's Pack and nLite, so the support for Sereby's Pack is just perfect here.

P.S.: I am using nLite and Sereby's Pack for about one year now and I NEVER EVER had ANY Problem with it.

So please nuhi, just let the support for Sereby's Pack in. :blushing:

IE 7 Beta 3 and Sereby's Pack support -> nLite again rocks!!! :thumbup

When integrating IE7 Beta 3 I had to keep the original file name (IE7BETA3-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe). If I changed it to just IE7BETA3.EXE it woud not work (and I had to start over with a clean image). Otherwise it worked great!

@janerik:

remove windows!!! a lot of users are reporting errors!!!!!

Remove nlite!!! a lot of users are reporting errors!!!!

and i'm sure that i know what i do and how many bug i have reportet and atm all are fixed (just 1 not)..

and as dynaletik sayed: if you dont want to use it then dont use it! other users want it and never have prolbems!