Is there a way to import all the updates

hyipo

I want to just place the newer updates like Internet Explorer and acually replace the dll, and exe files because I want to reduce the size (More size because of addon style updates).

Yeal like why can't I just update the system files, and integrate the updates that have problems, and the Windows Media Player that have problems and just integrate with the system as if it was in SP4 and not a addon.

and what about the update.exe.

I have extracted the updates and saw .CAT files and I noticed .CAT files with integrated Windows updates. Do you think I should copy the extracted updates to the I386 folder then insert the .CAT files in my svcpack.inf.

Edited by hyipo

Im talking about Windows Media Player, JScript 5.6 upgrade, MDAC 2.8. I'm talking about updates that don't work with direct integration to reduce size cause some updates I have to make addon packs for them but I want to reduce CD size.

Edited by hyipo

There are slipstreamables addons for WMP I think.

Then, I thought jscript could be integrated. Anyway, latest update is 500KB (2 weeks old).

And last, afaik there is nothing to slipstream MDAC right now (too hard). But once again, it's not a big one (5MB with all updates ?)

I am acually doing a new test right now. I am extracting the updates then taking the .CAT files then placing them in /I386/svcpack/CAT/?product update name?/?Whatever?.CAT (I am also copying the dll, exe, and other files the .CAT needs).

If I get everything updated then all I will have to update is the regular program addons and none of the JScript, MDAC, Windows Media Player, or any encoding updates.

I will report this to you and if my idea works then maybe the updates that don't work but use the /C /T: command maybe nLite can use all of the .CAT files for direct hotfix integration.

Edited by hyipo

I did it everyone. I did it. Not the .CAT files way. What I did was extracted the updated files, I made a .bat file, then commanded makecab, then I replaced the files. No blabing of Windows File Protection.

I then took out the JScript Silent Install updates in svcpack.inf and the registry sucessfully said 5.6 instead of 5.1.

I did it now updates, and upgrades are easier. My testing project is suceeding.

I will have a very advanced Operating Systrem with XP drivers, upgrades, maybe even Internet Explorer 7.

I will have a powerful server solutions that will bring forth Hyipo.net into the next generation of websites.

I may even restore my Home Server and put this new system (Still the same system but better).

one more thing heres the easy tutorial on how to update certain programs so it can easier to integrate with nLite:

(1)If you want to update Jscript, MDAC, etc etc. then extract them to a folder like exp:C:\MyFile\

(2)Then make a .BAT file and put lots of makecab commands like

makecab file.dll

makecab file.exe

makecab file.inf

makecab file.cat

(3)Run the .BAT file to make the files compressed like .DL_

(4)Move or Copy them all into your i386 folder and replace the old files.

Edited by hyipo