"PXE-E55 Proxy DHCP Service did not reply to request on port 4011

Hi everyone,

A little problem I encounter here. Have searched everywhere but couldn't find a solution. I have a server running WDS and DHCP running already. When my client computer boots via the network to try and enter the WDS server, it outputs an error "PXE-E55 Proxy DHCP Service did not reply to request on port 4011".

Anybody have a solution to this error?

Thanks alot.

Edited by stanloh

• 1 year later...

I am also having this issue with a 2k3 server. I had RIS working then installed sp2. Now I have WDS running in legacy mode and can still use RIS. I am having a problem with some Dell Optiplex 320's give me this error. I can get Intel Nic's to work but not the Broadcom family. Any help would be appreciated.

I am also having this issue with a 2k3 server. I had RIS working then installed sp2. Now I have WDS running in legacy mode and can still use RIS. I am having a problem with some Dell Optiplex 320's give me this error. I can get Intel Nic's to work but not the Broadcom family. Any help would be appreciated.

If some machines work and some don't, you may need to update the BIOS on the ones that don't. Or if they have a Boot Agent, check in there also.