Does an application to test memory cards exists?

Francesco

Does somebody here knows if an application to test memory card/usb pendrives exists?

I wanted to create one (freeware) but I wanted to be sure that there aren't other applications to do that stuff around.

Does anybody knows if such an application exists? If not, do you have any idea/suggestion for how such an application should be realized and what it should include (not programming suggestions I already have all the tools I need to make one I'd like suggestions on the features and the UI)?

If some of you didn't know many cheap pendrives and memory cards come with broken "sectors", the sector word is erroneus because we're talking most of the times about single bits. You can't see if they're broken, Windows won't give you errors, you would only see that by filling the memorycard/pendrive with data and verifying if it has been corrupted by the transfer. This doesn't happen for pendrives with HDs inside.

Please any suggestion or info would be greatly appreciated so I will be able to know if it will be worth to make it (if there aren't other free alternatives around) and I will be also able to design a good application from the start. Thanks.

Edited by Francesco

Google "PortFree Production Program". 3.27 is the latest version.

Translated description:

U disc replication repair

U offers general online Mformat 1.00 rehabilitation procedures are actually not easy. And the U plate replication repair procedures are very good and can repair many problems, for example : U plate can detected, but could not retrieve data, or can not visit, become 0 bytes, or the capacity of smaller these issues : :, and so on, in fact these issues in your own can be solved, the solution is replication, U disc replication of this software will enable you to regain U plate capacity can normal retrieval. But if you have important data would really sorry, Ha-ha. So it. . . . I U offers a 0 capacity, has already announced that it spent, but after its restoration, have life. However, if using this software repair problems I irresponsible. I just strongly recommend that dead horse as live horse medicine, a turnaround may be.

Members merchants and customers in the purchase of U plate at the same time please note normal use, in accordance with the normal order of operation, the normal Chaba to avoid causing damage to the U plate, if you have important data in there, it irreversible, if not local, please Advisory local marketing company. Thank you!

At the door of businesses and clients for the orderly operation of the normal use of these problems would not exist. Please pay attention to our friends.

Use simple presentation : first put U plate inserted USB interface option after entering proceeding point, low point and then Georgia, then selected capacity from the point operation, and then patiently waiting for it.

Note :

1, the repair tools can only do wrong against U disc format rehabilitation, not restoration of the physical damage to the U offers.

2, the use of the repair tools will destroy the U offers all data, including zoning and codes, please uses.

3, only when U plate can not be used to restore normal, normal circumstances do not often use.

Does somebody here knows if an application to test memory card/usb pendrives exists?

I wanted to create one (freeware) but I wanted to be sure that there aren't other applications to do that stuff around.

Does anybody knows if such an application exists? If not, do you have any idea/suggestion for how such an application should be realized and what it should include (not programming suggestions I already have all the tools I need to make one I'd like suggestions on the features and the UI)?

If some of you didn't know many cheap pendrives and memory cards come with broken "sectors", the sector word is erroneus because we're talking most of the times about single bits. You can't see if they're broken, Windows won't give you errors, you would only see that by filling the memorycard/pendrive with data and verifying if it has been corrupted by the transfer. This doesn't happen for pendrives with HDs inside.

Please any suggestion or info would be greatly appreciated so I will be able to know if it will be worth to make it (if there aren't other free alternatives around) and I will be also able to design a good application from the start. Thanks.

I didn't manage to understand the translated description: is it an utility to test memory cards or is it an utility to recover data from memory cards?

I thought when you use the format on windows it checks for bad sectors.

No it doesn't check them it just "scans" the surface but since there are no write/read errors the bad bytes can't be detected.

I didn't manage to understand the translated description: is it an utility to test memory cards or is it an utility to recover data from memory cards?
It cannot recover. It only does a low-level format, testing for bad blocks.

"PortFree Production Program". 3.27

Please note that that app is CHIP SPECIFIC, for I-Create ones.

There are others utilities for different chip controllers, check these:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?s=&...st&p=116954

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?s=&...ost&p=98600

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?s=&...st&p=112882

every chip producer has it's own.

And yes, there are FREEWARE testing apps for USB sticks and cards:

http://usbmst.sourceforge.net/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/s3u

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz