Help installing applications

jfm

Hello All,

Ok ... I am trying to setup a unattended setup for WinXP. I want it to install some applications, but I don't know where to start. I tried to use the guide on this site, but I have just confused myself more. I figured I could ask for a little help. What are my options to accomplish this? Where do I put the batch file in my WINNT.SIF file? I can provide a list of the apps I am wanting to install along with anything you will need to know to give me a hand. Thanx in advance for your help.

~JFM

Sorry for that!

You confused yourself because you continued reading upto the advanced users section.

You'll see it easier if you just stop at the beginning users section, at least for your first attempted CD.

Then, prepare another CD, following the intermediate users section; for your second project.

And, so on.

However, if you want your batch to be run immediately after the first logon, Add these lines to your WINNT.SIF

[GuiRunOnce]
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\MyApps.CMD

Change the batch file name to your own, and the path to it, too.

Edited by mazin

No ... I have a WinXP CD that I slipstreamed with SP2 & have set up for unattended setup. I am working on integrating drivers & applications into this CD ... I just don't know where to start at. I understand I can do it through batch files. I just want to know my options, & the pros\cons of those. Any advice or help will be greatly appriciated

~JFM

Sorry, I edited my first reply before I read your second post.

You walked the most difficult part.

Actually, you can have your batch run at T-13, T-12, T-9, or at the first logon. Using the code above will run it at the first logon. I mean: [GuiRunOnce]

Actually, you can have your batch run at T-13, T-12, T-9, or at the first logon. Using the code above will run it at the first logon. I mean: [GuiRunOnce]

ok ... so what do T-13, T-12, T-9 mean? I am not quite following what you mean by those. I am going to give that a shot here in a little while. If I have any questions, I'll post here again. Thank you for your help!

~JFM

T-13. When Windoze setup sez 13 mins left (parsing of cmdlines.txt) . T-12: When there is 12 mins left. T-9: when there is 9 mins left...

I use T-0 as guirunonce because windows is already installed but it doesn't matter.

T-13. When Windoze setup sez 13 mins left (parsing of cmdlines.txt) . T-12: When there is 12 mins left. T-9: when there is 9 mins left...

I use T-0 as guirunonce because windows is already installed but it doesn't matter.

Ok ... thank you for that info :D.

I have another question: how do I use RunOnceEx?

~JFM

Make a file called cmdlines.txt in $OEM$\ dir. Put

[COMMANDS]
"Runonceex.cmd"

You can actually put fluffypinkdragons.cmd if the RunOnceEx.cmd you create is renamed.

Read this: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/31/

Particularly about understanding how it works. You will want to see this http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/59/ if you don't want to copy all your install files to your hdd before installing.