Customizing

Trent Arms

XPize is definitely a nice project and I can certainly appreciate the amount of work that went into it, especially on the art side. I am currently working on a my own custom distro of XP and when I heard that XPize lets one reload all files with new art I was happy to hear it: It made finding all those sily pictures much simpler. Now I've come across a slight problem, though, that threatens my project. I want to XPize my CD with my OWN art and just leave it at that. Can this be done?

PS: where exactly is the option to xpize a CD? I can't seem to find it after the initial install...

EDIT: Additionally, how does XPize handle errors where the file it's attempting to patch no longer exists?

Edited by Trent Arms

XPize is definitely a nice project and I can certainly appreciate the amount of work that went into it, especially on the art side. I am currently working on a my own custom distro of XP and when I heard that XPize lets one reload all files with new art I was happy to hear it: It made finding all those sily pictures much simpler. Now I've come across a slight problem, though, that threatens my project. I want to XPize my CD with my OWN art and just leave it at that. Can this be done?

PS: where exactly is the option to xpize a CD? I can't seem to find it after the initial install...

EDIT: Additionally, how does XPize handle errors where the file it's attempting to patch no longer exists?

For your first question, dowload the XPize guide (click on my signature and scroll down) For the handling of errors, the question is simple: If file exists, patch it. If not, skip it ;)

For your first question, dowload the XPize guide

I appreciate your response, but saying "no" would have been much simpler and saved us both time. :}

Guess I'll be doing it the old fashioned way.

Are there any plans to offer functionality similar to this?

Edited by Trent Arms

For your first question, dowload the XPize guide

I appreciate your response, but saying "no" would have been much simpler and saved us both time. :}

Guess I'll be doing it the old fashioned way.

Are there any plans to offer functionality similar to this?

You'll have to redownload XPize setup and somehow replace its icons with your own and then rerun it with the patch \i386 option.