Soundblaster Live! and other drivers

I was able to pull off the Soundblaster Live! drivers through Installshield setup. It installs perfectly. Also, If you have NVIDIA based cards, and try for the latest detonator, don't set it up to use it as drivers, mainly because you will be missing alot of the added features, so just install via Installshield.

ECHO Installing VIA Mainboard Drivers

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\VIAMB\setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\VIAMB\setup.iss"

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Soundblaster LIVE! Drivers

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\SBLIVE\Audio\Setup\setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\SBLIVE\Audio\Setup\setup.iss"

ECHO.

ECHO Installing NVIDIA Video Card Drivers 44_03

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\NVIDIA_4403\setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\NVIDIA_4403\setup.iss"

Now, the VIA mainboard drivers either didnt install all of it, or just didnt install right, but it should work. I think it was because I had it previously installed and only told the iss to install 2 out of the 4.

• 1 month later...
ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\SBLIVE\Audio\Setup\setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\SBLIVE\Audio\Setup\setup.iss"

What Soundblaster drivers are you using?

I can't install them silently and I don't understand why. The setup process doesn't start at all and I only obtain a setup log with a ResultCode=-105. The soundcard is a Live! Player 1024.

• 8 months later...
ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

What Soundblaster drivers are you using?

I can't install them silently and I don't understand why. The setup process doesn't start at all and I only obtain a setup log with a ResultCode=-105. The soundcard is a Live! Player 1024.

every point in search to get information how to install soundblaster driver ( i have SB Live! 1024 ) is going to dead end without usefull information.... ?

and ermmm.... i have a nvidia card and it installs with all features and i dont use this

ECHO Installing NVIDIA Video Card Drivers 44_03

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\NVIDIA_4403\setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\NVIDIA_4403\setup.iss"

i use the OEMdriverpath, for nvidia is this not a problem, but for soundblaster it seems be a problem? i think because windows cant look any submaps and SB have a few submaps.... maybe i do need to put setup.iss in the first upper map.....?

@SolidasRock

and ermmm.... i have a nvidia card and it installs with all features (...) i use the OEMdriverpath, for nvidia is this not a problem

So, do you mean that the NVIDIA drivers also install completely when they're "run" from drivers-section instead as a normal program?

and ermmm.... i have a nvidia card and it installs with all features (...) i use the OEMdriverpath, for nvidia is this not a problem

Yup.

No need for install-shield nonsense, just the standard "OEMpnpdriverspath" method which uses the inf. And this is true for the 30.xx series, 44.03 (which is given as example above), as well as the latest 56.72 drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
@SolidasRock

So, do you mean that the NVIDIA drivers also install completely when they're "run" from drivers-section instead as a normal program?

i am sorry for the late answer but i dont have noticed your post. yes it installs completely so there is no need to make a command line for nvidia.

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\002_Nvidia56.72"

is enough and works fine

i want to know if there is somebody who can install SB Live 1024 without use setup.iss or setup.exe (i only install the drivers, all other stuff i dont install)

if i let windows take a look in the map sblive windows always says: there is no driver found. try other location....

i dont want to use setup.iss or exe because i try to create a universal cd so it is possible that computer dont have sb live so dont install it.

Not sure if you already know this link:

Driverpack: Sound

note:

- refer primarily to first posting in the above mentioned thread

- Live! drivers should already be implemented in that package, but aren't tested yet (of course, this oughta be subject to change sometimes)

i have take a look and i explore that the drivers for SB live! from bashratthesneaky are from microsoft and created in 2001.

creative have a newer better working drivers that is created in 2002. the creative drivers works better because it is standard low volume so my speakers dont be LOUDDD if windows is starting. my speakers dont have a volumetrigger (< don't know the right word) to set lower or higher volume.

the difference i have noticed are: in bashrat driver windows will see a driver, in creative windows will not found any driver because creative dont have any inf files as if microsoft have.

see below for the picture

uploadthat-SBLIVEDRIVERS.JPG