Windows XP Home French

Zardoc

Hey ho all!!!!

Nuhi we love you!!! (no I'm not gay) :no:

OK here we go,

Windows XP home French version. I created an nLited version with very little changes.

On cd creation I gave the computer name bois (wood in French). I also tried maison (Home in French)

On each install I was asked the name of the computer, but the window showed the created name. All I had to do was press enter and instalation continued.

Can anyone tell me why install stops on that window, I don't change a thing,click enter and install continues???

Go figure!!

:unsure:

Last_Session.ini

I was pretty in a hurry and should rather have asked you for your winnt.sif. Lastsession_u.ini is relevant but winnt.sif is even more. ;)

(I will see in 20hours or so in fact)

There you go!!

;)

Edited by Zardoc

Have you set a defaulat password ?

I replaced my winnt.sif with yours and tried to install. I had to provide a CDKey, normal. On my installs I use "classic setup", not flashy blue one and this layout usually gives more infos; I was asked for a password. I added it to your winnt.sif and everything went OK.

Btw, I encountered this error : http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=78076 :)

Try changing the Unattended mode to "GUIATTENDED" or "FULLUNATTENDED" instead of the default Hide

Also, try to remove these lines from your WINNT.SIF:

NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1

Try changing the Unattended mode to "GUIATTENDED" or "FULLUNATTENDED" instead of the default Hide

Also, try to remove these lines from your WINNT.SIF:

NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1

I think you have it!!

I forgot to choose full unattended and got that error I will try again and try to remmber to use full unattended.

:blushing:

Man I must of made dozens of nLite cds, and I made a simple error like and it got me all screwed up.

Just goes to show that a simple mistake in computing can lead to all sorts of mishaps!!

Thanks lennierv.

Also thanks to camarade_ Tux for your time and patience.

:thumbup

Edited by Zardoc

I forgot to choose full unattended and got that error I will try again and try to remmber to use full unattended.

Afaik FullUnattend and ProvideDefault work the same way as long as all needed infos are correctly provided.

Do you have a password for your "Administrateur" session ?

If you want a blank one, there's now an option in nlite.

Afaik FullUnattend and ProvideDefault work the same way as long as all needed infos are correctly provided.

Do you have a password for your "Administrateur" session ?

If you want a blank one, there's now an option in nlite.

I had default hide and it asked for the computer name. As soon as I retried and used full unattented I did not get the the computer name window. B)

No I never use a password. It's a waste of time in my opinion. I use PGP instead to protect my files. :D

What is NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1

for??? :}

the 1 is for on ( 0 are for off) it's binary logic.

Since youre are going unatended you dont need to wait 4 any input.

En passant Salut, content de voir que je suis pas le seul québecois icitte... :)