Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
sparks79

Winternals Administrators Pack 5 Flash Drive Install

I have Winternals Administrators Pack 5 CD and I would like to Experiment with running it from a USB Flash Drive.

Flash drive size is no drawback to me as I have one of those new Miniature HDD Flash Drives.

It is an ( Archos ) 4gig unit.

These type of devices do not suffer from Bunout from continual write/rewrite like the chip type models.

I have been experimenting with making Flash drives Bootable for some years now .

My flash drive is currently formated to fat32 with Dos7 installed and it Boots without any problem.

To install the complete admin cd to it and make it bootable I thought it would be no problem.

So I Erased all Files and Folders from it and Copied the Entire Contents of the Admin CD to it.

Now I went to control panel and made Hidden O/S Files Visbile first.

Anyway the dam thing won't boot.

I thought with windows 2000/xp etc , One could just Copy all the Files from the Root Dir and they would be bootable.

So I am wondering if I have to somehow Write/Burn the ISO Image of the CD to the Flash Drive.

But How do I do this.

Nero does not give any Option other thand CD's or Dvd Drives as Writable Devices.