Kevin Smith

[PseudoKiller]

I have been a fan of his since Clerks and with the latest BOMB from the J-Lo / Affleck team I fear that the new movie from KS due out in Feb 04 will also suffer. Gigli seems to be the biggest bomb of 03 (no I havent seen it) My question also includes why are they paying actors and actresses so much money when they either act horribly, have a script that is pittiful or a production value of -1000...

I mean how do they make money when they pay out millions to actors, writers, directors etc... Such garbage is out. Its only every so often that a small nugget is thrown into a theater that is worthy of the $$. KS at least has dialogue (since he does write his own films) granted sometimes crude and rude but its still better than a vast majority of the crap out there. Sorry about the rant, I just hate to see the wake of the J-Lo / Affleck cause another disaster... :rolleyes::)

• 1 month later...

I have been a Smith fan for years...ans this jlo and ben crap is getting on my nerves! To see Kevin fall into this stupidity makes me question his reasons for being in the film biz. I for one am truly disapointed in Kevin's casting in Jersey girl.

:/

|Drew|

I have been a Smith fan for years...ans this jlo and ben crap is getting on my nerves! To see Kevin fall into this stupidity makes me question his reasons for being in the film biz. I for one am truly disapointed in Kevin's casting in Jersey girl.

:/

|Drew|

First off, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck is not bad actors! Ever seen J.LO in Out of Sight? She can play other characters than sweet and romantic ones, and I enjoy her on movies! Ben Affleck is AWESOME, I love that guy. I haven't seen Gigly, only heard bad things about it! If they play bad, it's probably the director we have to blame... he tells the actors how to act! And who knows, maybe it's not that easy and relaxing to act with your girl/boyfriend?

From the first time I heard about Jersey Girl, I was abosulely thrilled... I just couldn't wait! Offcourse I got a little disappointed that Kevin Smith wouldn't make more movies with Jay and Silent Bob(Strikes Back were the best comedies ever). But with Kevins intelligens, the way he uses the words, his humor... I haven't had one doubt, for one single second, that this movie wont be one of his best! Offcourse he's going for the more serious humor(like Chasing Amy, but also a great movie), instead of the Clerks/Mallrats style of humor! But come on, he's gotta grow up sometime...

But, I do understand your consern about him changing his concept on movies, when you're used to the weed, dick and fart jokes, and knows he'll go for something like this(I was too for a second, but hey, it's Kevin Smith we're talking about. But again, don't worry... the movie will be great!

He's also is associated with Scary Movie 3, if anyone should be interested! He have assisted with the script, so we aren't completly done with Kevins usual dick jokes!

Im not so much disapponeted with the move from his old styles, im just upset that he is including himself in the benjen in one movie trend....it has just gotten to the point where this flash in the pan has become stupid.

I support the evolution of his movie wrting skills, it is nessary to evolve with the times, otherwise you sink. But it just seems all too odd that he is including the 2 in his recent revival film. I know they are his friends..jut a little to buble gum pop for me...

|Drew|