A new LCD...

acetken

Hey all. I'm looking to place an order tomorrow here locally (Not ordering online) for a new monitor and I'm trying to grab the best one I can for under $700 Canadian.

I've had several widescreen gaming monitors and the response time was just not good as they ghosted irritatingly in games (Which would be the primary use). Drove me nuts, so now I'm looking for pretty dang much any kick-butt LCD (19' or above) that fits the budget. Any reccomendations would be EXTREMELY welcome!

Thanks!

Click Here to get the information about the LCD

Here

prat, dont bother posting unless its to help someone, spamming aint a good idea @acetken what you really need is an lcd with a high response time, just check the specs of the ones you look at, as for buying one locally in most cases you will get an identical one online for less cash for sure, good luck

Edited by trickytwista

I realize I could get a better deal online (Maybe). The shop gives me things at cost, so it's not really a big deal. I was moreso looking for monitor recommendations. I understand monitor stats as well, but stats don't always hold up in the real world. I was hoping for people with positive experiences with a current LCD in gaming.

Would somebody please ban that id*** - Weapon-X!!!! All he has done so far is spam the forums with his crappy posts!!!!

Let that guy ;). People will know him soon enough.

Take a look at Viewsonic too, they make nice screens altrough I have BENQ here. :)

I work at a Game Center, and we are starting to replace our CRTs that go bad with LCD moniters.

We are going to be replacing with BenQ FP202W Black 20.1" DVI 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor.

Here is the link on NewEgg.com. I knew you don't want to order online, but you can use that as a refferance. I am actually sitting here right now watching someone play Counter-Strike: Source on one of those, and the ghosting is very minor. From this distance (about 5 feet away) I can't even see any ghosting. But when I was playing on it the other day to see for myself, I did notice a very small ammount. It also makes for a very nice generic use moniter as it is a wide screen. Not to mention that BenQ makes nice moniters.

Great moniter for $294.99 US. If the US to CAN converter I found online is accurate, that should be about $321.08 CAN Retail before tax. And don't forget to add ~$50 mark-up/down for retail stores. Thats how they make thier money afterall.

Game Centre, sounds cool B) , Cybercafé puntoMX Computers is also to play games (80% of the custumers) like HL2DM and UT2004 and soon we start tournaments here. We use 17" BENQ screens FP71G+S, 8ms (gray to gray I think) :) .