10 mins on a mac

SiMoNsAyS

some music is being played, send a mail, watch your photos... common tasks done on mac os x

video

edit: would this fit better on other operating systems? :unsure:

i wanted to discuss differences between different graphical interfaces...

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

lol, does this guy have a t1 connection? did he rly dload a 60mb file in a sec? he must have already dloaded it.'

but i really didnt see much that impressed me, but of coarse i want to try out mac for myself sometime, i just wish that it would install on my computer...

nice, but....its a MAC...

Five bucks says that if you go to your nearest computer store and try out a Mac, you will come out carrying an extra 5-10 pounds (in weight)! ;)

That's what happened to me, but in a different way...

Most computer stores don't sell food though...

LOL

In other news, MacWorld has Merged with the popular food chain McDonalds to make the first Computer Foodstore, "MacDonalds" lol..

:P

and na, think you'd leave with the same amount, seeing how a Mac is about 5-10 pounds of cash to buy lol.

either way you turn you have pros and cons...i was at best buy the other day (to go buy a new laptop) ibook was a choice...but so was, the PC! after starring at the mac for 2 min, and seeing no salesmen would come near me when i was near the macs...i took a stroll over to the HP laptops...4 salesmen crowding around me!!!

the whole point of this story is that...Microsoft is just more popular, doesn't mean its better, doesn't mean its worse! its just means its there. its an option, that more people seek!

BTW if you were wondering, i bought a gateway media center laptop, it'll be here Friday :D

Edited by WolfX2

nice, but....its a MAC...

Five bucks says that if you go to your nearest computer store and try out a Mac, you will come out carrying an extra 5-10 pounds (in weight)! ;)

That's what happened to me, but in a different way...

If i liked Apple I would :P

Im like some people are towards Microsoft, but with Apple, I wouldn't touch any Apple equipment with a barge poll!

IPod's, IMac's, I whatever, not in my house! lol

They do look nice, I wont say they don't. I just dont like Apples.

If I had a Mac, I'd just be comparing it to Windows.

either way you turn you have pros and cons...i was at best buy the other day (to go buy a new laptop) ibook was a choice...but so was, the PC! after starring at the mac for 2 min, and seeing no salesmen would come near me when i was near the macs...i took a stroll over to the HP laptops...4 salesmen crowding around me!!!

the whole point of this story is that...Microsoft is just more popular, doesn't mean its better, doesn't mean its worse! its just means its there. its an option, that more people seek!

BTW if you were wondering, i bought a gateway media center laptop, it'll be here Friday :D

wish i could get a new laptop, mines an old dell inspiron 7000 :angry::lol:

let us know how it works out ;)

im not a mac person by any means. the mac just seems better suited for *certain* things, like video editing. but i dont think it would be able to do much else just because its really limited by the os, just not too much is written for it.

thats what i see anyway.

Edited by Cygnus

And if the Mac OS were such a wonderful thing, why would Apple be espousing the wonders of being able to install Microsoft Windows on their new INTEL Duo Core processors? Seems to me that maybe Apple is getting tired of being second in the market share and are trying to increase their sales any way that they can. To that end, maybe a Mac wouldn't be so bad since you can now run Windows and *nix on it.

• 4 weeks later...

The macs at my school crash a LOT more than my pc. and my pc crashes a lot. I reinstall Xp every few weeks. I mess things up. Mac also does not allow for as much tweaking or expanability though in my opinion. The only mac i would get would me a MINI and that would be so i could wun windows on it with boot camp. Just a smaller more portable comp. Jusat for fun.