nLite 1.1

bonedaddy

Again, I'm not talking releasing the source code of Nlite. As for commercializing, many commercial applications allow for addons to be created (IPB anyone? :P ). WMP has skins, Winamp has it's plugins, so on and so forth.

Actually, i think i was kind of out of line suggesting that. It's nuhi's s/w.

But as for making it plug-in capable, yeah; good idea i think.

I think I have to agree with some people here who would like to be able to add/create accounts via Nlite. As someone who uses Nlite a great deal for his repair work, it would be a great time saver to not to have to set up a user account every time.

Yes i know its not the most secure idea, but for my situation (and maybe a few others) it would be quite ideal.

As always, thanks for developing such a great program, you've have saved me countless hours of headaches and work.

-straylight

I think I have to agree with some people here who would like to be able to add/create accounts via Nlite. As someone who uses Nlite a great deal for his repair work, it would be a great time saver to not to have to set up a user account every time.

Yes i know its not the most secure idea, but for my situation (and maybe a few others) it would be quite ideal.

As always, thanks for developing such a great program, you've have saved me countless hours of headaches and work.

-straylight

You should check out this utility.

Search this forum foor VISTA and you get your answer... it is more or less NOT possible (yet) to Nlite'n Vista and nuhi already said he wants to wait until the final. (and i realy cant blaim him...

I would like DirectX to be integrated. There was an emulator that I had come across that required the newer directx files, so it would be beneficial to have those already integrated into the operating system.

DirectX updates are included in RVM update pack

and don't forget nLite isn't designed to add things...

edit: but you also can use nLite to add things! :rolleyes: (for exemple, it's very useful for adding third-party drivers)

Edited by OuTmAn

I would also vote for a second option at nLite start up. Instead of right away picking an xp install to work on, it would be way cool if you could load nLite up on one of your other PCs and in the main menu click 'gather drivers' and be able to select either by folder or per driver (like you can now) all or some of the drivers on the system, then hit a 'package' button or something and have nLite spit out a cab file that you could put on a usb key and load via nLite's regular driver add page on the system you re building your image on.

that would be great for those of us using nLite with more than one system, cause that way you know for sure you've got every drive that a system needs.

Ability to add a custom Theme? I already put the files in using the $OEM$ directory but have to add the following lines to the end of Winnt.sif manually:

[shell]

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\PlasmaLite.theme"

Also the SP1.cat and SP2.cat files should be nulled (saves about 2Mb) I simply copy over 0k files named the same before making the .ISO.

BUT MY MOST WANTED REQUEST IS ... ENABLE QUICK LAUNCH ON TASK BAR!!!!!!

Cheers Nuhi keep up the amazing work!

Plasma