WPI 5.2 Wish List

I would like to see the Glossy theme is changed to what we see every day (at MSN or Winrar or Torrent and and and)

Think at FOOOD, a good creator of art. http://www.iconaholic.com/downloads.html

Scroll down and see the arts. This will WPI look newer and better (even itsnt better :lol: )

Or are there people who dislike this art?

Edit: i have take a look in the themestopic. I really like the jh_2000 Ultimatetheme (for this moment it will be the standard theme in my WPI). But i like to see more artistic themes like foood do.

Edited by Solid as a rock

Original thought is "different theme for different resolution".

Themes
|
+--- Glossy (dir)
|
+--- default (dir)
|
+--- 600 (dir)
|
+--- 768 (dir)

I consider that there will be many duplicate files, so I reduce to "different wpi.htm for different resoulation".

Now I feel that "different wpi.htm for different resoulation" is not a good idea and "different theme for different resolution" is my wish.

program all of the changes and values for each resolution into one wpi.htm...

It's OK to do this, but structure of this wpi.htm will not be same as the current provided wpi.htm.

I think the general form of this wpi.htm will be complicated, so "wpi.htm per resoulation" is easyer to accomplish.

Edited by billjrm

The problem people run into with themes on different resolutions is that they try to use 1 huge wallpaper image and try to line everything up based on their current resolution. As soon as you switch, or someone else with a different resolution uses it, the wallpaper gets scaled up or down to match. This throws off all the visual alignments.

The best way to avoid this is to keep using the table that Glossy is based on. Put your title up at top, the bottom bar at the bottom, and your wallpaper in the center <td> frame. Then only the widths will be changed, not the heights, of the top and bottom bars. The main display will scale x,y but should affect how the MediaPlayer blends in, for example.

So, if you line up elements vertically then you can not use one huge wallpaper. Break it up into pieces and use the table.

There are now Pause and Abort buttons in the installer. I wanted that from day one but had code problems. Dje figured it out. 5.2 will be out soon to cure the installer problem and some new features.

Would you like to have an automated language detection so WPI will start for each computer with the language it detects?

Although English is not my mother tongue, I use it in WPI ... So, I want to hear your opinion about implementing this feature (because it's very easy for me to do it).

excellent tool, however am just asking does this hav a UNDO option?

OR a option to add these to the boot menu: Safe Mode, Last known....,

profile 1, recovery console, use another boot.ini, Hal repair or

replacement etc?

:ph34r:Soon WPI 5.9 will replace Windows

(any version , just you will check what you want : 3.1, 95, 98SE, Me, 2000 , XP, Vista...)

the next version 6.0 will replace also Linux , Unix any version, OS2 and more others OSs

version 6.5 will include WPIOFFICE , WPINERO,WPIWINDVD ... and nothing for free :w00t:

for every click on WPIOS your PayPal account will increase (contextual) with 10 or more $...

This last week I have been puzzeling and playing a lot with getting Windows Media Player 10 installed via WPI v5.1.

It failed and failed. Trying many switches for installing WMP10 silently. It didn't work. Pretty soon it was clear to me that the install command line and switches I used were fine. For those who want to know I use:

MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore"

Installing it by executing this command via RunOnceEx gave no trouble at all. So I knew it had to do with what WPI was doing to the install.

See a resulting forum link, where we solved the puzzle:

My tries... and a helping hand

It seems WPI v5.1 executes a part of the Windows Media Player, no matter if you configure it to play music during install-selection or install-execution, or not. As a result of that, during installation of WMP10, some parts of WMP10 don't get installed cause WPI keeps files of Windows Media Player (9) open. And as a result of that the installation of WMP10 fails. As the following error-message shows when you try to launch WMP10:

Windows Media Player

The file wmploc.dll has a version number of 10.0.0.3802 where 9.0.0.3250 was expected.

Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.

Do you want to install the Player from the Microsoft Web site?

Sadicq helped me out here. He removed the code that executes the Windows Media Player. And now it installs like a dream. But a functionality that's certainly fun.. listening music during install.. is now left out. Not a big deal, but I guess it was put in there with a reason. So why not try to continue to keep it working.

So I wonder if it would be possible to make both functionalities work. So AND being able to install WMP10 from WPI WHILE listening to music. The last not during the actual install of WMP10 is done. So I'm looking for a way to totally shut down Windows Media Player (9) only during install of newer versions of the Media Player. After that specific install Media Player could continue to play again.

I can imagine an checkbox in the config-part of WPI that tells the installer-script to shutdown Media Player just before installing the application that has that checkbox checked, and starting it after the install is ALL finished. As a maybe simpler alternative I can imagine that the installer-script looks for a certain text -say 'WMP'- in the application name to 'know' that on installing that application Media Plyer must shutdown completely.

Looking forward to version WPI v5.2!

Regards,

Roland

Dordrecht, The Netherlands

two sugessions about order of programs(entries) in WPI...

1. there could be two horizontal indicators beside the configuration of programs(entries), so we can manage wich program must first or last or between them... etc.

/|\

| pr1

pr2

| pr3

\|/

2. also order[pn]=[..] could be two or three characters

like order[pn]=[02] not order[pn]=[2]

or order[pn]=[023] not order[pn]=[23]

it also will be good if in config.js those entries will be sorted (easy to review or manage manually)

again.. sory for my bad english ;)

Edited by thern