WPI 5.1 Bug Reports

Sorry that I did not see this before mritter. When I place WPI into a place thats path has got an " ' " in it, the graphics in the tooltips (and in the timer progress bar) do not get loaded. I placed it into the folder

D:\Windows XP\Selbstinstallierende DVD\Dynaletik's WinLite-DVD\Install\WPI

This isn't that important, because on the Install-DVD the path is another without the " ' ", but perhaps this can be fixed.

If I rename the path to

D:\Windows XP\Selbstinstallierende DVD\Dynaletiks WinLite-DVD\Install\WPI

it works without any problem, so it must be the " ' " .

EDIT: Fixed in WPI 5.2

Edited by Dynaletik

NOT A BUG , just an effect of changing of Glossy layout and depend of language.

probably will appear in other languages too. this not happend in versions up to 5.1.

so , how can I manipulate the text over there ? size, font ...pozition ?

or how can i enlarge the width of that column ? of course without affect the others.

post-40173-1152089315_thumb.jpg

@ oneless: Please go to the WPI 5.1 Thread. In his post, mritter said, what has been changed in the themes. I'm talking about

<div id="layerconfig" class="opText" align="left" style="position:absolute; display:none; z-index:100; overflow:auto; width:100%; height:100%;">
</div>

In 5.0.1 the WPI.htm of each theme had 90% instead of 100%. After mritter told me, how I can update the WPI.htm for WPI 5.1 compatibility, I had the same problem that you have got now. The lines are broken. For the MCE theme I am using, the 100% work without a break, but with Glossy I had the same problem. So go to the WPI.htm in the Glossy folder and play with the values. Try 90% instead of 100%. Sorry, but I don't know which of the 3 100% values it was. :(

Edited by Dynaletik

NOT A BUG , just an effect of changing of Glossy layout and depend of language.

probably will appear in other languages too. this not happend in versions up to 5.1.

so , how can I manipulate the text over there ? size, font ...pozition ?

or how can i enlarge the width of that column ? of course without affect the others.

Actually it is this value here:

<tr height="88%">
<!-- Buttons bar -->
<td width="205" valign="top" nowrap> [b]<--- The width needs to be changed to a higher amount![/b]

Ever since the move to 5.x including the 5.1 release, when I import configs from prior versions, it changes all applications with the Default checked. So I have to go in and reconfigure the applications that I want selected by default.

HOWEVER

In 5.1 the application list shows every single application checked off regardless of whether or not the config portion has the default checkbox marked. In other words, this time moving my 5.0.1 configs into the 5.1 WPI didn't reset my default values inside the config.js, but the main application selection screen has EVERYTHING preselected as though the default button was checked on everything.

I didn't touch any of that code, so either something from your pre-5.0 config.js was set wrong from the start and has carried over, or just a simple typo. Post your config.js file.

Ever since the move to 5.x including the 5.1 release, when I import configs from prior versions, it changes all applications with the Default checked. So I have to go in and reconfigure the applications that I want selected by default.

HOWEVER

In 5.1 the application list shows every single application checked off regardless of whether or not the config portion has the default checkbox marked. In other words, this time moving my 5.0.1 configs into the 5.1 WPI didn't reset my default values inside the config.js, but the main application selection screen has EVERYTHING preselected as though the default button was checked on everything.

Have the same problem from wpi 5.01 --> 5.1

I did start things from the beginning, but it's the same

config.js

Oddly I just found this error also and here is a work around for now:

go into the options menu under installer tab and make sure check on load is set to "Defualt" and then save.

For some reason unknown to me yet WPI is not writing the value of default to a new useroptions file.

Oddly I just found this error also and here is a work around for now:

go into the options menu under installer tab and make sure check on load is set to "Defualt" and then save.

For some reason unknown to me yet WPI is not writing the value of default to a new useroptions file.

Setting it to default did not work for me, if i set it to none it worked.

Continue to have this problem.

untitled1oy.jpg

When transitions are inabled along with a shadow shown. that is the effect given. Anyone what to take a crack at fixing it.

It really makes me poved i cant have it all. :realmad:

Just kidding but I am bumed.

-Albert

Very strange problem now.

Upon clicking Install, it fails on random applications and loops endlessly, marking failure "X" symbols next to each application. So if app 2 succeeds, but app 3 fails, it'll mark a red "X" next to app 3, and move onto app 4 (at least the GUI says it has moved on) but it retries app3.

I can tell because I see it extracting the same package over and over again, and beginning the MSI based setup with the title window. It fails within a second of launching the MSI, then marks a red "X" next to whatever application is next in line, then retries etc. This literally never ends.

post-44632-1152315892_thumb.jpg