Drivers

Terabyte

cool thanks for the tutorial :)

oh and not being funny but... how do I extract it? I mean is the file installed with the drivers.. and I just have to find where the driver installation program put it? I looked in /Windows/System 32/Drivers.. and doesn't seem to be anything there!

just to check i'm not making any mistakes or making bad combinations and have the maximum number of hotfixes (trying to minimise the number of downloads I have to make).. could sombody check this screenshot attatched that nothing conflicts.. or no unecessary packages have been added :)

post-93114-1152027475_thumb.jpg

Edited by Terabyte

The drivers seem to come in exe form... I see no inf file... Rightclick extract doesnt work (Change to either .rar or .zip) "No Archives Found" any ideas? (this is actually quite a few drivers...

The drivers seem to come in exe form... I see no inf file... Rightclick extract doesnt work (Change to either .rar or .zip) "No Archives Found" any ideas? (this is actually quite a few drivers...

Couple of things to try.

If it's just a .exe file (and no .msi file), try:

seup.exe /a

replace setup.exe with whatever the .exe name is. It should hopefully ask you for a network location, which you can give it any directory (preferably a temp one) and it'll dump itself to that folder.

This only works if the .exe is a .msi-based installer, however.

You can't rename it to Zip or Rar, you have to browse to it w/your favourite archiving utility, yes, a 3rd party one.

And yep, universal extractor is the way to go B)

Edited by T D

my question is: nlite search always the inf file but, what about the rest of the files? How nlite integrate them with the inf file? Must i create fort every driver a single folder with all the files or may i just take the inf file?^