KB913433 integration fails (with nlite)

jonathan_314

Hellow,

Just a small thing, I wanted to add the hotfix KB913433 but I got an error in Nlite. I know, it's macromedia stuff (I guess) I found that here http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...=KB913433+error

And here http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=31886 are the manual switches. (So I will try to integrate it manualy) But isn't it possible to program this into the Nlite program.

I see on the changelogs of the Nliteos stuff like this:

update: Direct Integration support for non-English KB916281.

So I guess that sometimes the nlite os has to take different steps than witch regular KB's. I think that the thing I ask is possible. (I don't say it has to be done, but it would be nice)

Anyway, don't shoot the pianist :thumbup coz I know that Nlite is a very cool tool !

Kind regards

Jonathan.

Edited by jonathan_314

Yeah, but i gues it is possible to program it into nlite. When the program finds the KB913433 that it does a special action.

Anyway, perhaps am looking too much to the details :wacko: . I went on the nlite website and reported it there. So now he knows and can do with it what he wants :)

greetz

Edited by jonathan_314

Very funny you guys: no offence, but in the time that I would make the dicussion about "is it a hotfix or not", I would have added those few code lines :lol: (but that's up to Nuhi I guess)

That's just the way I see it. And as you see am just a junior on the forum, so what do I have to say here :)

For me it is a hotfox coz it is defined as a hotfix and has a KB number. Other patches that programes give don't get that far and don't get a KB.

Anyway for me it is just the same, I was only mentoining the fact. So that others now that this "problem" exists.

Have a nice day

Greetz

Jonathan.

If you need a solution quickly, you'll have to use HFSlip. Take a look at this page : http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=62177 (among *many* others)

I think nlite doesn't support this yet because otherwise last patch tuesday would have required another beta/release candidate.

And everyone has been a junior. ;)

Moreover a junior may know more than an "MSFN Addict" on some points and his opinion or (fresh) ideas are also interesting. :yes:

Edited by Camarade_Tux

@Camarade_Tux: thanks, will look to the solution you proposed, B). And indeed there are many solutions. The problem is even very small, and in fact nearly too small to be a problem. And ofcourse if Nlite has to support all the bugs and problems, there would never be a final release.

greetz

• 1 month later...
@Camarade_Tux: thanks, will look to the solution you proposed, B). And indeed there are many solutions. The problem is even very small, and in fact nearly too small to be a problem. And ofcourse if Nlite has to support all the bugs and problems, there would never be a final release.

greetz

I just met the same problem - I`m adding hotfixes to my XPCD nlited, everything goes perfect and just this one KB913433...

Thanks guys now I understand where the problem is and yes, it is a problem `cause even if there is a solution for this somewhere here (and I`ll find it :sneaky: ) I wouldn`t expect it will not work with C:\Hotfixy\Windows-KB913433-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:C:/XPCD...

I`m also new here and also absolutely new to addons so I expect a lot of probs.... :( but I`ll fight them, I hope...