Convert 2003 into XP

Hi Guys,

I have been led to believe that there are two registry keys that can be modified in Windows Server 2003 that fool it into thinking it is Windows XP. Is this true? Does anybody know the keys and values?

The reason I need to know is we have some backup software which only runs on Windows XP or 2000 and we would like it to protect our Windows Server 2003 machines. By setting these keys I can install the client software for this application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Waster656

I personally dont know of any registry keys that allow this type of behavior. WindowsX over on Neowin has released a pack that will turn WinServer 2003 into XP or give you fast user swicthing and trick certain apps into thinking you run Windows XP.

Hi Guys,

I have been led to believe that there are two registry keys that can be modified in Windows Server 2003 that fool it into thinking it is Windows XP. Is this true? Does anybody know the keys and values?

The reason I need to know is we have some backup software which only runs on Windows XP or 2000 and we would like it to protect our Windows Server 2003 machines. By setting these keys I can install the client software for this application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Waster656