silent install of XVID codec (XVID_Install)

I can silently install this app with the /s switch, however when install finishes a pop-up comes op (XVID codec has been installed on your system).

I have to click 'OK' for the batch-file to continue.

Is there a way to kill this pop-up, since PSkill doesn't do the job for me...

TheRaven

Cool!

I use Nic's Binary...

This is the link: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html

Thx a lot...

I'm also looking for an answer at an NSIS discussion forum at this very moment!

EDIT:

Funny thing is when I install XVID using my batch-file, with the PSkill command right after the xvid install...it doesn't kill the pop-up...since pskill couldn't find the process.

When I use the pskill command in another batch-file (just for testing purposes)...it does find the xvid-process and kills the pop-up. Weird...

Maybe I should try running another batch-file from my main batch-file in order to kill the process. Gonna try that tonight.

Thanks for your reply...

But... I used ffdshow ( visit at ffdshow project ) because I just use one plugin software but support much type mpeg4 stream format , even if divx and xvid.

It makes me not need to install 2 or more codec for playing those mpeg4 files.

The problem is ffdshow seems not support silent installation in windows 2000/XP, so I should like to find another codec to support Media Player Classic for playing MPEG4 files.

Right now I put the XviD silent install at the end of my batch-file.

First the pcshutdown code and then teh xvid code...this way I can run my batch file all the way to the end and still restart without a problem, the pop-up doesn't interfere with restart.

I have ac3filter, divx and xvid installed that way....just need to put in the lame mp3 codec...

TheRaven

• 2 months later...

I added this to my unattended install by doing it like this.

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\media\Codecs\klcodec210f.exe  /SP /VERYSILENT

There are some advanced things you can do with this installer. You can do this with the Real and Quick Alternative programs too. Here's the info form the Inno Setup documentation.

/SP-

Disables the This will install... Do you wish to continue? prompt at the beginning of Setup. Of course, this will have no effect if the DisableStartupPrompt [setup] section directive was set to yes.

/SILENT, /VERYSILENT

Instructs Setup to be silent or very silent. When Setup is silent the wizard and the background window are not displayed but the installation progress window is. When a setup is very silent this installation progress window is not displayed. Everything else is normal so for example error messages during installation are displayed and the startup prompt is (if you haven't disabled it with DisableStartupPrompt or the '/SP-' command line option explained above)

If a restart is necessary and the '/NORESTART' command isn't used (see below) and Setup is silent, it will display a Reboot now? message box. If it's very silent it will reboot without asking.

/NOCANCEL

Prevents the user from cancelling during the installation process, by disabling the Cancel button and ignoring clicks on the close button. Useful along with /SILENT.

/NORESTART

When combined with /SILENT or /VERYSILENT, instructs Setup not to reboot even if it's necessary.

/LOADINF="filename"

Instructs Setup to load the settings from the specified file after having checked the command line. This file can be prepared using the '/SAVEINF=' command as explained below.

Don't forget to use quotes if the filename contains spaces.

/SAVEINF="filename"

Instructs Setup to save installation settings to the specified file.

Don't forget to use quotes if the filename contains spaces.

/LANG=language

Specifies the language to use. language specifies the internal name of the language as specified in a [Languages] section entry.

When a valid /LANG parameter is used, the Select Language dialog will be suppressed.

/DIR="x:\dirname"

Overrides the default directory name displayed on the Select Destination Directory wizard page. A fully qualified pathname must be specified. If the [setup] section directive DisableDirPage was set to yes, this command line parameter is ignored.

/GROUP="folder name"

Overrides the default folder name displayed on the Select Start Menu Folder wizard page. If the [setup] section directive DisableProgramGroupPage was set to yes, this command line parameter is ignored.

/NOICONS

Instructs Setup to initially check the Don't create any icons check box on the Select Start Menu Folder wizard page.

/COMPONENTS="comma separated list of component names"

Overrides the default components settings. Using this command line parameter causes Setup to automatically select a custom type.

I used this info and my modified unattend file because I wanted to save the settings so some of the codecs didn't get installed. Here's my example.

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\media\Codecs\klcodec210f.exe /LOADINF=%systemdrive%\install\applications\MEDIA\codecs\codecs.inf /SP /VERYSILENT

I hope this helps. It's a very nice way of customizing the setup for programs setup with the Inno installer.

Another simpler method that I've grabbed it before from the forums:

put these lines in your main_batch.cmd:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Codecs

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\KLiteCodec\setup.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /COMPONENTS=& #34;bsplayer,divx,divxdec,xvid,xviddec,3ivx,wmv,dvd,mpeg2ligos,indeo,indeo4,indeo32,i263,mp3audio,wm

aaudio,ac3audio,oggvorbis,musepack,vsfilter,oggvorbissplitter,matroska,fourcc,gspot,disg400,disffdsh

ow"

remember to put your software in the path as the syntax says (in bold)..

• 4 weeks later...