How to.....

matt121

Hi,

I have created my own multiboot dvd that works, but when i want to use cdimage to create standalone iso's i dont know the command

this is my command:

-lWXPPC_EN -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b\AutoPlay\Single-ISO-Creation\WXPPC.bin -h -n -o -m \ROOT\XPPC C:\WXPPC_EN.iso

post-78403-1151982019_thumb.jpg

NOTE that CDIMAGE is in the DVD_ROOT directory:

post-78403-1151983055_thumb.jpg

I need to know the command to tell cdimage to access the dvdrom dirve with out telling in to go to E: or D: ....

Ive seen other creators of AIODVD that have this command that works but i cant see the accutual command because i cant access it for it is used by an older Autoplay media studio.

Please help if you can.

I know the command to create the final multiboot iso, but i dont know the command for cdimage to create standalone iso's. because i cant just put in:

lWXPPC_EN -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -bE:\AutoPlay\Single-ISO-Creation\WXPPC.bin -h -n -o -m E:\ROOT\XPPC C:\WXPPC_EN.iso

E: is my current dvdrom drive but when the dvd disc is inserted to another computer and you run the command to create a standalone iso it will come up with an error because it cant find E: Drive.

so i need to know if there is a %CDROM% command or something to replace E: so when the dvd is inserted into any pc the command will run from the DVDROM not E: Drive.

i know its possible because all the other AIO Versions out there have a create standalone iso command that is related to cdimage.

As cdimage is in your DVDroot, you could use it without driveletter.

Maybe you have to check, if the WXPPC.bin is in the root aswell, otherwise adjust the path to it.

\cdimage.exe -lWXPPC_EN -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b\WXPPC.bin -h -n -o -m \ROOT\XPPC C:\WXPPC_EN.iso

You should have enough space at C:\ to create the ISO, ofcourse...

The bootsector file should be in the root, therefor \WXPPC.bin.

Where is the bootsector located on your DVD? Do you have such a file? You need one bootsectorfile for each OS you want to create an ISO of.

Reply:faf4life

Sorry for late reply i figured it out the code needed to be modified.

faf4life code:

\cdimage.exe -lWXPPC_EN -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b\WXPPC.bin -h -n -o -m \ROOT\XPPC C:\WXPPC_EN.iso

My Code:

cdimage.exe -lWXPPC_EN -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -bWXPPC.bin -h -n -o -m ROOT\XPPC C:\WXPPC_EN.iso

I had to remove the Two \ forward slashes from -b & -m

it works good now thanks for your help.

As far as I understand it, he wants to use something like Autoplay Menustudio. In the final autorun menu there should be a button saying 'create ISO'. After pressing it, cdimage would be executed in a shell, doing its job and closes itself afterwards, without further user interaction. Therefor the commandline tool is more appropiate than a GUI.