[Release] eXPander

XPero

very neat,

if you want to code nice guis, switch to delphi (making your proggy 28 times more efficient and faster) or to VC++/MFC, this proggy eats 28mb from start and loads couple of second, like rest of .net crap.

How much RAM do you have? 128 MBs? if you have 1 or 2 GBs, let it use your RAM, otherwise you wasted money like so many others. Especially those people who think they can only obtain happiness with a $5000 machine, but that's a different story.

Takes a few seconds to load... so does nLite but we don't hear people whining about loading times for that now do we? No, because it's a fabulous program.

And if programs coded with .NET are crap, than that means nLite is crap, huh? I wouldn't say so...

if you want to code nice guis, switch to delphi (making your proggy 28 times more efficient and faster) or to VC++/MFC, this proggy eats 28mb from start and loads couple of second, like rest of .net crap.

Sure... and we can also start worrying about memory leaks with those programming languages as well.

Have you used jcarle's WUD yet? Sure, it starts at 20MB RAM usage, but it at 20MB... for a LONG time. I've redownloaded all the updates from various sources and it never climbs above 20MB. Try making an app in VC++ in the space of a day that has that kind of reliability. It's way way harder.

Especially those people who think they can only obtain happiness with a $5000 machine, but that's a different story.

my friend got one of them built... he's not happy lol

@XPERO

i think this app is quite usefull thanks

delphi features garbage collector so it can't leak memory, so can't vcpp if coded right . i just want to tell people to stop using c# with dot net, none of the serious programmers code in .net (although sony coded few apps with .net and ms's sql, and their performance is horrible).

nlite is very good, but .net does make it crappy. here's what world runs on

- asm with c/c++; used for heaviest type of calculations such as encoding.

- visual c plus plus with mfc interface; used for guis, which would be perfect for your app, but requires little more coding.

and for rest, delphi can be used, you should really try delphi. i did learned quite of c# but then i stopped, i don't see any point in it.

Why would you need .NET for such a simple program anyway?

that's correct, i code an encoder gui with some guys in c#, the only reason why we still us eit is because we have more than 20 themed i can say windows, + lots of button, checkboxes etc. is easier to manage all of that in ms's visual studio 2005 and it would really take some time to translate that into delphi.

Delphi is even more bloated, all the apps I've seen are at least 100Kb. At least it's a little faster...

- asm with c/c++; used for heaviest type of calculations such as encoding.

- visual c plus plus with mfc interface; used for guis, which would be perfect for your app, but requires little more coding.

Agree to that.

Would you like to code a Delphi version of this simple program, and then a Visual C version?

Ok and now, as XPero requested in a previous reply here, no more talk about which language this is coded and what is better.

Any reply which doesnt do what XPero requested will be removed.

but i think c++ is better! :lol:

i've really got to learn some .net , any good article on it?

Ok guys, I give up. Please Martin close this thread, I'm tired of stupid discussions like this. I will keep my app for my own personal use. Those who are interested in it, drop me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.