Forceware 88.61

steve mcknight

Vista looks like it's going to install 88.61 video drivers then the screen gose black, I hear a sound prompt (ding, ding) then the monitor shuts off, HD runs for awhile then ...nothing. Have to hit the reset button.

Sorry for the numerous posts just thought each one was a little different subject. Thanks!

what video card are you trying to install the drivers for? many have had to "manually" install the drivers (ie going into device manager and updating the drivers for their video card by right clicking on the card)

did you try manually installing the drivers, expand them into a folder, go into device manager and install them from there

i always do it that way. a bit more work, but i know what is going in my system.

Using a clean install, I had similar issues. My solution was to wait until there was no drive activity for a few minutes then power down and power up the system. Start windows in safe mode with networking, it comes up... Do a polite shutdown and another restart, all's well.

Hope that helps.

Vista is geting there for me.

I'm so gald more Start button.

I like the new round flag Well that what I'm calling it so far.

( what is it right name anyway? )

Just love the "Aero" interface it kick a** If i do say so

windows xp should have had "Aero".

Can't want for DX10 but I would have like to seen it in XP.

I like the install time off Build 5456 about 34 mins on my system better then beta 2 time off 57 mins.

I hope it get faster I like it to be down to about 15 mins again like build 4015 was and if I rember MS said it be faster about 15 to 20 mins.

Just love the DVD maker in Vista works well I think.

I'll keep testing Vista till RC1 is out then i go vista as my main os the just like I did with XP

Any and best be is i don't have to update my system to run it!!