Nlite Final - TEXTMODE Driver Issues

bs0d

Hi, have just tested the final release and have encountered the following problems.

The TEXTMODE drivers get integrated fine but only appear in TXTSETUP.SIF once for the textmode part they're not also listed as being in NLDRV i can explain better with an example.

NForce RAID Drivers

NLite adds these

nvatax64.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

nvrdx64.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

But it fails to add these which are also needed, nlite copies the files ok during the integration but fails to add these lines

nvatax64.sys = 1983,,,,,,,1983,0,0

nvrdx64.sys = 1983,,,,,,,1983,0,0

without the last 2 lines added the drivers arent completly installed.

Regards.

Edited by bs0d

You'll have to do more to convince me, or maybe someone else has this issue?

I'm not saying that I wouldn't try that but I integrate drivers all the time, as a matter a fact I finally got a SATA drive and nlite worked from first try.

nvatax64.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

nvrdx64.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

lines are enough for TEXT MODE.

Files copyed to i386 folder.

But aren't thet 64bit driver.

nvatax64.sys

nvrdx64.sys

Hi

great program using rc 0.8 but as if I use final releas then i get BSOD every time no matter what I add or remove.

Common factor appears to be NVidia raid drivers for sata drives

I have gon back to RC 0.8 and problem goes away hope this helps.

I even downloaded and reinstalled Final release in case my copy was corrupt. No joy still bsod so back to rc 0.8 with same presets and it worked fine

Bob H

Nuhi , if you have no sata drives connected and have just a raid array to install windows your integration works.

But later when you connect a drive, windows then searches for the driver in /windows/nldrv/xxx but its not copied over.

Previous versions to final used to copy the driver to /i386 and /nldrv/xxx

when i added those those two lines to txtsetup.sif everything worked.

Regards.

@pretender69 ,

Hi the folders and files are still there in Windows/NLDRV/001 minus the 2 files

nvatax64.sys

nvrdx64.sys

since they were not copied over during the installation from the cd. and yes they're on the cd in both i386 & the NLDRV/xxx folder.

adding back those two lines works for me.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Just experienced the same with a different ATA133 driver..

I tried one nLite build without integrating Promise Fasttrack ATA133 driver and one with integrating.

Result:

The one without integrated driver has the correct drivers loaded in windows (but of course not during setup),

The one with integrated driver has the driver not installed in windows but during setup.

Will u bring out a fixed nLite 1.0 Final?

TXTSETUP.zip

MarkCoolio, gotta think some more about it, it is fixed in 1.1 beta but you're right some people won't use that beta.

edit: if someone is willing to test it before release I might update then. Post here.

MarkCoolio, gotta think some more about it, it is fixed in 1.1 beta but you're right some people won't use that beta.

edit: if someone is willing to test it before release I might update then. Post here.

I can test it on my dual SATA RAID setup - have 4 Raptors, two on ICH5 and two on SiI 3112.

PM me a link and I'll report back here.

edit:

Tested 1.0.1 beta referenced in the post below this one - all is fine.

Edited by sho_gun

It's ok I'll be posting a new topic, added few more stuff...so everyone with this issue be sure to check tomorrow morning for a topic of 1.0.1 beta and please be quick with the test then it's out as a 1.0.1 stable.

It's ok I'll be posting a new topic, added few more stuff...so everyone with this issue be sure to check tomorrow morning for a topic of 1.0.1 beta and please be quick with the test then it's out as a 1.0.1 stable.

Sounds great... :)

Will test it to on my system!

Have narrowed my earlier problem down to the ata133 driver not being integrated correctly. So far everything else seems to work with my drivers. Only Nvidia 84.21 does not seem that it can be integrated by OEMPnPDriversPath-method :( Must be a problem with driver signing. Older 81.98 and before just work okay...

And yes I really think it is good idea to have stable 1.0.1.. thx a lot for making one!