WS2K3 patching problem

Shab

I have a Windows Server 2003 box that I run for various reasons such as storage, webserver, FTP server, etc. I also run an IRC bot for someone and after a recent patch (actually more like a month ago) the bot stopped connecting. I am curious if it is one of the recent windows updates that has caused the problem.

If it was one of the recent windows patches, what would I need to modify to allow the bot to reconnect to the server? Is there a way I can keep the security updates but edit the registry somehow, or maybe some network policies? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Is there any way I can allow the outbound traffic out? It seems it is my OS that is not allowing the bot to connect, rather than the actual IRC server itself.

Have you checked Microsofts TechNet site. I also run an IRC server and when I just upgraded to Server 2003 R2 I didnt have any problems.

Is there any way I can allow the outbound traffic out? It seems it is my OS that is not allowing the bot to connect, rather than the actual IRC server itself.