x64 totally broke.

kai445

I have a legit, hologrammed copy of XP Pro x64 Corporate (MSDN).

Copy CD to Hard Drive

nLite 1.0 Final (Integrate NFM x64 Update Pack + DirectX Addon)

EVERYTHING is gone. Nothing seems to install. My "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" are like ~10MB put together. I wanted to *keep* IE.

I made *SURE* I was working on the correct directory, straight from a copy from the CD. The CD is perfect and has no scratches. My .ini is attached.

Please help,

Thank you all,

Kai445

Last_Session.ini

Try without any addons, at least virtually, there might be a reason.

Also maybe you can attach setuperr.log from that broken installation, it's in windows folder. Of course if it's no empty.

Tried with no addons, same difference.

I'm going to check out setuperr.log, thanks for advice, ill attach it or get to the bottom of this.

I appreciate your timely response sooo much man, thanks.

Okay here are all 4 setup logs.... please, please let me know what is up.

I formatted a full (not quick) NTFS format last time I formatted... wasted so much time for nothing.

Athlon 64 3700+, eVGA 133-KE-NF41-XX motherboard, 1gb patriot ddr400 2-3-2-5 ram, geforce 7600gt, 160gb refurb hard drive. ....

Thanks man. These errors mean i have no idea what.

setuplogs.zip

well as for your program files, 10mb is about right. mine is more like 2mb since ive taken out so much, including IE

Yeah, the thing is I *didnt select those for removal* ... and I think they are even on the disc?!?! There is like... iexplore.ex_ and s*** right on the cd!

*** UPDATE ***

Check your f'n jumper settings... the drive had slave jumper and was on the master cable... that totally threw me.

For future ref if anyone else has these probs check my logs, and f'n... if you have those errors thats your prob....

THANK YOU.... lol...

What :)

So all this problems were from the cable, it's actually ok?

Can you explain that problem a little better, it shouldn't matter if it's master or a slave, unless you had another slave on the same channel but then it probably wouldn't even boot?

It was connected as master, but jumper was set to slave...

I swear I used the exact same disc, reinstalled another time, and it worked. Only change was jumper setting. It read discs but somehow it managed to throw off the windows setup!

and wtf is up with your sig kai, ryans pack is brilliant.

I love the pack, with the exception of WGA included, which he is going to remove soon... so the pic is gone now.

I still dont like him, and he doesnt like me, but thats okay.

I still dont like him, and he doesnt like me, but thats okay.

You're probably too picky for your own good, or really ungrateful. I like RyanVM and I don't even know him. He makes a pack with all the WUs for direct and easy as pie integration and for free... then you p*** on it because of WGA, when there's easy ways to disable/prevent that... seems to me he has more reason to not like you than you him. Oh well. I'm sure he doesn't really care. :P

if he removes wga because of you i'm gonna kick your a**

Its not just me... its many users who hate WGA...

The corporate users who refuse to roll out WGA to thousands of licensed desktops.

The home users who have problems with WGA and their legit copies of windows (microsoft admits to about 20% of all reports are false positives).

The power users that dont want what is essentially spyware calling home every day (or at all).

The lawyers and their concerned clients who are suing microsoft to keep it out of their operating system.

The RyanVM users that participate in the "Modified Ryan's pack 2.0.7 without WGAtray" thread at 6600+ views and 70+ posts, who dont want it in the pack to begin with.

And Ryan, who finally has decided not to continue its inclusion in the main pack starting with version 2.1.0 (who will be creating a seperate addon pack for the stubborn users who demand it).

The pirates? They hack WGA. WGA doesnt pose a problem to pirates. Anything can and will be cracked.

WGA. It does not make sense.

p.s. I welcome you to try and kick my a**.

Edited by kai445