Codec slipstreaming

tain

TAin, nothing really important, but I'd would like to point out that:

There's no such thing as "a filter" (in photoshop you have filters :P). My package contains only decoder-filters, but there are also encoder-filters available. It's either "codec" (capable of encoding and decoding media content), or "decoder(filter)" (only capable of decoding media content), or either "encoder(filter)" (encoderfilters you don't see that often but they do exist. These you can use with GraphEdit for example.)

So if the MSFN codec pack doesn't have any codecs/encoders (MSFN codec pack?...), then I guess we fall in the same category. (btw. what's YMMV?)

Personally, I like to always keep a 'known good' backup when upgrading or trying something new. If the old pack worked well for you then it is probably a good idea to keep a copy laying around.
hi Tain!

i just like to report the following:

(1) just like what's in the readme ... problems w/ quicktime during dos copy mode were apparent using 60630a ... i think the workaround for this is to copy over the old files from the older package (posted in the http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=57649) ... & overwrite the files that were older ... doing so didn't present the DOS copy errors (or i would just like to believe so ;o)

(2) i noticed that from the previous pack (not the 1 w/ the .rar errors) there were 47 files as compared to the current's 45 files (less the control panel extensions)

(3) i may be wrong but i think the pack worked better with the final rel: 60628

oh ... & yes, i'd just like to say that it was a good thing i kep the older packs ... :)

thanks!

post-84520-1151957409_thumb.jpg

post-84520-1151957422_thumb.jpg

post-84520-1151957434_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Thanks for the report, gzduke. It looks like I need to move real from the 'sometimes works' to 'doesn't work' category :/

I'm going to install Real Alternative in a VM soon and see if I can capture the trick to getting it to work. It could be something that a raw pack like this can't do.

It will be a week or two before I can address this, please use Real Alternative in the meantime. Sorry :(

@TC: Do the file copy errors Kiki mentioned correlate with your recent file copy changes that you mentioned? The screenshots he posted list files that are not from me.

@Kiki, yeah we are down to 45 files now. That is likely to change when I get a chance to look at real/qt again.

3) TC mentioned some changes that could affect this pack. I'm sure he will have some insight.

Thanks!

oops ... so those extensions are not related to quicktime?

DOS mode setup copy problems:

CLVSXD.ax

QuickTime.qts

QuickTimeEssentials.qtx

QuickTimeInternetExtras.qtx

thanks! Edited by Kiki Burgh

Oh wait a second...are those the new file names that TC mentioned? Sorry, I didn't connect the dots at first :) The HFCDC0* filenames threw me way off. :wacko:

@Kiki... TAiN mentioned at some point that there could be copy problems related to CLVSXD.ax. I'll have to check that out when I have some time.

The problem with the other three files is a question of running MODIFYPE on them. I'll get on it...

If you get copy errors during txtmode, it's usually a modifype related issue. Sorry I haven't tried the codec packs out.... I figured I would actually "use" my computer for a while. I already have my picture purfect install so there really isn't any need for improvements and/or changing my hfexpert stuff......

@gzduke5: can you give us a gspot report?

Please list this info for the affected video: 4CC, compatible video codecs, and stream type. This is all reported by gspot for a properly encoded file. AFTER you get this data, click on RENDER, wait for it to finish, and then click on "Rendering successful (click for details)". I'd be interested to hear what is in there as well.

update on the real problem. I tried some other rm files, both media player and media player classic can open them.

The rmvb files I tried on Gspot, they didn't work while rendering, error message showed drvc.dll error.

post-8514-1152173536_thumb.png

Edited by gzduke5