Is It Possible To Edit a Ghost Image?

ringfinger

I need to be able to open and edit a .gho image of Win XPe which is used on IBM POS terminals. Does anyone here know of a way to do this? The Ghost explorer allows viewing of the files, but does not allow deletion or addition. I need to replace some drivers in an existing image so I can get it to boot on another model machine. I have no other options and cannot remake the image. Please HELP! TIA :thumbup

i think thats right icemanND

i dont think you can use normal ghost explorer to edit the NTFS coz for its right access rights and stuff its has got

normal ghost images of FAT 32 drives can be done in ghost explorer

to my knowledge the only way to edit an NTFS Ghost image is to drop it to a drive, edit it and then recapure it.

So when you say drop it to a drive... exaclty how would I do this? Copy the file structure from within Ghost Explorer (not sure if this is possible) and then paste it out to an HD somewhere?

Use ghost and deploy it to a hard drive just like you were putting it on one of your production machines. Then rather than booting from the drive boot from a bart pe cd and make your changes. Then recapture.

It could also be possible to put it on a secondary drive and make your changes and then recapture it but I've never tried that with a bootable volume.

Use ghost and deploy it to a hard drive just like you were putting it on one of your production machines. Then rather than booting from the drive boot from a bart pe cd and make your changes. Then recapture.

It could also be possible to put it on a secondary drive and make your changes and then recapture it but I've never tried that with a bootable volume.

10-4 ... will try. Thanks.

@ladude626 - Did you bother to read his original post? or any subsequent posts?

The Ghost explorer allows viewing of the files, but does not allow deletion or addition.
the only way to edit an NTFS Ghost image is to drop it to a drive, edit it and then recapure it.
normal ghost images of FAT 32 drives can be done in ghost explorer

• 2 weeks later...

Just as you create a ghost image of a partition you can create an iso of the same partition. In a utility called filedisk you can mount this iso & should be able to edit files on it.