Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System (Codenamed: LongHorn)

arcon5

been testing it for the last year or so... :) it is doing pretty good, the newest release (5456) is a very good build. hope it or another similar build will be release as RC1, you probably will get alot both sides of the fence here, but take all opinions with a grain of salt :D

been testing it for the last year or so... :) it is doing pretty good, the newest release (5456) is a very good build. hope it or another similar build will be release as RC1, you probably will get alot both sides of the fence here, but take all opinions with a grain of salt :D

Thanks for your reply!

I found a link to download Windows Vista BETA, however, unsure whether to do so.

As you have downloaded Microsoft Windows Vista BETA, maybe you could tell me (and other readers) how it works? What i mean by this is, the download and installation process, is it just an OS upgrade, re-partioning (or whatever it is called), or what? Because I dont want to loose any data or potentially cause problems for myself.

Thanks

It is very likely that the RC1 build will be released to the public. It will be a huge improvement over beta2 and will definitely be even better than 5456.5 which is the TAP/OEM refresh that some people got this week.

I've seen tremendous improvements in terms of both driver support and stability/perfs since beta 2 was released.

As you have downloaded Microsoft Windows Vista BETA, maybe you could tell me (and other readers) how it works? What i mean by this is, the download and installation process, is it just an OS upgrade, re-partioning (or whatever it is called), or what? Because I dont want to loose any data or potentially cause problems for myself.

Thanks

if you are worried about losing data or potenial problems i would stay away from the beta, or at least get a second HD to install vista on its own, there is an upgrade option and also a clean install, dual booting your machine probably would not be an option for you. if you really would like to try vista and not wreck your machine, a 2nd HD would be the best idea, you can unplug your main drive and plug in the vista one and vice versa, the 2 then would never interact with each other.