Nlite 1.0 review on Softpedia, Nlite get 5 Stars !

albator

Strange review :

The Bad

Some people may consider it as a bad thing support for older Windows versions, such as 98 SE or Millennium Edition, but these are considered obsolete by many people. Otherwise, maybe the lack of a well-written Help file could be considered a black ball, but it's like asking a manual for a hammer...

Did the author understood that nlite targets Windows (NT) 5 ? :wacko:

And saying that there's no help file... OMG :rolleyes:

++

You call that a review? The 'reviewer' did nothing but step through the config and action screens in nlite. No reports on 'speed', reduced ISO size, etc, etc. Oh, we did get some screen shots.

This is not a knock on nlite, it's a knock on the no-brain who passed off 15 minutes of play time as a review.

You call that a review? The 'reviewer' did nothing but step through the config and action screens in nlite. No reports on 'speed', reduced ISO size, etc, etc. Oh, we did get some screen shots.

This is not a knock on nlite, it's a knock on the no-brain who passed off 15 minutes of play time as a review.

well then u should write one ........ :P

well then u should write one ........ :P

May the force be with you if you want to review nlite really deeply. :P

yoda.jpg

newsposter, i do agree with you. As an excuse for Codrut Nistor (the reviewer), i'll say that it's hard to compare nlite to something else.

Don't listen to booogy & Camarade_Tux, they are from the dark side... :P

for someone to fairly review nLite, test is a must (which i'm sure the reviewer did) ... but it takes more than that ... use a number of times would be a lot better ... most especially to test & compare different end results ...

almosty perfect score except for a Ease of Use: **** (4 stars?) given that

The interface of this program is wizard-driven, easy to use for everybody. Let's follow the steps required to create your own Windows installation CD...
--- injustice? ;)

5 ***** for all the others who rated it!

for someone to fairly review nLite, test is a must (which i'm sure the reviewer did) ... but it takes more than that ... use a number of times would be a lot better ... most especially to test & compare different end results ...

almosty perfect score except for a Ease of Use: **** (4 stars?) given that

The interface of this program is wizard-driven, easy to use for everybody. Let's follow the steps required to create your own Windows installation CD...
--- injustice? ;)

5 ***** for all the others who rated it!

Probably because nLite is lacking some descriptions, especially in the Tweaks section.

@Delprat, kcheeeuu, kcheeeuuu, je suis ton père, kchheeuuuu

Tux-Darkvador.gif

:P

Strange review :
The Bad

Some people may consider it as a bad thing support for older Windows versions, such as 98 SE or Millennium Edition, but these are considered obsolete by many people. Otherwise, maybe the lack of a well-written Help file could be considered a black ball, but it's like asking a manual for a hammer...

Did the author understood that nlite targets Windows (NT) 5 ? :wacko:

And saying that there's no help file... OMG :rolleyes:

++

You completely misunderstood what he was saying. He's actually defending the choices to omit those "bad" things (legacy support and help file). What part of the quote "but it's like asking a manual for a hammer..." didn't you understand. He's praising this software by attacking the very things that people who have never used the software would instantly complain about.

Whenever someone immediately uses the word "BUT" after stating a negative - what they are really trying to say is the negative isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Kudo's to the review.

@Delprat, kcheeeuu, kcheeeuuu, je suis ton père, kchheeuuuu

Tux-Darkvador.gif

:P

wow..... a big happy family..... :lol:

Family ?

198-3152.png243-58692.png

Where do you see a family ? :no:

There's no more family! :P

409-71844.png

And, back to the topic, as far as I know 9x versions are not supported because their installation is 99% different. ;)

Edited by Camarade_Tux

You completely misunderstood what he was saying. He's actually defending the choices to omit those "bad" things (legacy support and help file). What part of the quote "but it's like asking a manual for a hammer..." didn't you understand. He's praising this software by attacking the very things that people who have never used the software would instantly complain about.

Whenever someone immediately uses the word "BUT" after stating a negative - what they are really trying to say is the negative isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Whenever i'll need english lessons, i'll call you. :angel

I were only suggesting in an interogative form that this part of the review is entirely pointless, full of what we french frogs are naming "langue de bois".

Why starting with a "some people may..." argument saying "there is no 98/ME support" (about an app designed from scratch for NT 5 !!!) then ending with "but many other people..." ???? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Better to say nothing, and drive the reader to this great forum, instead of crying about the lack of help file ! (maybe you & the author don't know, but this absence is a feature to get more feedbacks here !)

Well, time to get back to a serious topic !

And, back to the topic, as far as I know 9x versions are not supported because their installation is 99% different.

Hopefully not ! Ex: SysOC were there...

/me tremble de tout ses membres et craint de devoir perdre une main : "Noooooon !"

++