removing, How can I ?

acen2006

strange how you want to remove a service pack... not recommended either as a service pack updates and overwrites many files that actually runs windows so you could expect problems by doing this..... maybe someone can correct me if im wrong about this :whistle: oh BTW nlite cannot remove a service pack

Edited by trickytwista

Ye unless you have a log of everything that changed on the cd after the slipstream and a backup of the files which were overwriten your chasing a lost cause i`m afraid.

nLites creates a new install cd starting from an install cd (or set of files). If you are looking for an install cd "with backup of removed files", I'm afraid you might search a long time :rolleyes:

nLites creates a new install cd starting from an install cd (or set of files). If you are looking for an install cd "with backup of removed files", I'm afraid you might search a long time :rolleyes:

I know exactly what nLite is capable of thanx very much.. i test the alphas... :rolleyes:

im trying to work out why you want to remove a SP from a Nlite CD

but if you got the master unmodded CD than just recopy the CD and use the Nlite last_session.ini file to do the changes just dont do the SP adding thats all

I know exactly what nLite is capable of thanx very much.. i test the alphas... :rolleyes:

ouh, touchy ! :P I guess eveybody on this forum knows something if not a lot about nLite, it should not keep people from asking questions or giving replies. It would be a dead place soon.

I meant you can have cd with or withous integrated service pack, but unlikely one with service pack AND with the removed files.

+the question is how to remove SP with nLite if you can. So the answer is no and it's not made for that. Smile. :hello:

+the question is how to remove SP with nLite if you can. So the answer is no and it's not made for that. Smile. :hello:

Yes and ryan already said that, i agreed, then went onto explain the only other way to do it was to record the changes yourself.. i think you misunderstood my reply.

im trying to work out why you want to remove a SP from a Nlite CD

but if you got the master unmodded CD than just recopy the CD and use the Nlite last_session.ini file to do the changes just dont do the SP adding thats all

I`m thinking he doesn`t have the unmodded CD and want`s one without SP.. maybe wants to go back to SP1 or just have a clean cd without a SP ready to slip SP3 into it.. I know I prefer sliping SP`s into clean rtm cd..

Edited by Xable