BSOD in XP (fresh) install.

PUnitBabyDaddy

Just purchased new mobo and cpu and am trying to get WinXP Home to install but it will not. I get a blue screen each time I try. I either get a blue screen after I hit F8 at the EULA or during the file copying or finally during the file copying part a file won't copy and when I hit enter to retry, blue screen. Its a different file each time usually and the furthest I've made is to the luna.mst or in the 42-45% area. I've tried disabling USB and SATA functions in BIOS and neither helped. I'm not going to be installing any SATA drives if that helps.

CPU - Intel Pentium D 805

Mobo - ASUS P5RD1-VM

I remember having some problem like this before on aother system and I just kept redoing the install and it finally took and completed but I've already tried over 20x this time around.

Any suggestions at all?

Most recent BSOD;

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8082B5E5, 0xF719D6D4, 0x00000000)

Edited by PUnitBabyDaddy

Thanks ripken. I was running the install once more and now I am swapping the ram sticks out for two more then I'll try the one at a time thing because who knows maybe one is faulty. All four of them are from the previous system lol and did work but I'll try that for right now.

I am only using two sticks 512mb PC3200 DDR.

Edited by PUnitBabyDaddy

yep i totally agree with ripken on this issue, ram is very common to cause issue... done any tests on the ram? and yes its a good plan to try it with just one stick of ram and that will help you to pinpoint the issue as it could be a incompatability issue

Edited by trickytwista

yep i totally agree with ripken on this issue, ram is very common to cause issue... done any tests on the ram? and yes its a good plan to try it with just one stick of ram and that will help you to pinpoint the issue as it could be a incompatability issue

Yes currently running with second of sticks. All are corsair but two are better and those are what I'm trying now. If install completes with one set of sticks could the others possibly be swapped into a working system?

Edit 2: Okay it copied all the files with no problems and is looking good through the GUI setup. Thanks! I'm still going to try swapping the sticks out after its all complete and I'll post those results as soon as I can.

Edited by PUnitBabyDaddy