language settings

Guest xpuser

Guest xpuser

hello

I have maintain the 'languages' and 'keyboards' I need under 'remove components' section

what about the 'language groups' that appear in 'unattended setup'? do I need to choose any?

I made an iso without choosing any 'langiage group' and I was able to type in both english and my language

whats the meaning of choosing 'language group'?

thanks

PS1: whats the 'document templates' in 'remove components' ?

PS2:somewhere in nlite it mentions 'controluserpasswords2' but I cant locate it, anyone remembers it?

Edited by xpuser

You need to choose the language groups you are most likely to use, e.g. you are gonna view lots of english webpages so you select western european and united states and if you are chinese, you may choose east asian.

Guest xpuser

isnt choosing my language under 'keyboard' and 'languages' enough?

whats more in 'languages group' ?

PS:this menu can be edited with tweakui, can I add 'create new file' later?

Edited by xpuser

PS1: a clean context menu

By default, you have templates for Microsoft Word, Excel, sound recorder and maybe Paint.

If you want to remove some of these, search the registry for "shellnew" and delete the key. I would advise against removing items shown in Camarade_Tux's picture (.lnk, .txt, and directory - don't know what's the registry entry for this.)

Additionally, if you want to keep it clean, delete unwanted entries in %userprofile%/ShellNew or %windir%/ShellNew (for Windows 9x).

There's no reason for this annoying 'functionality' when every application has a "New" menu item. I haven't heard of a program that doesn't. The application is started anyway through the above entries.

If you didn't know, this also adds few miliseconds to your startup time (and during normal operation also!) because every time you start a program, windows check its registry entries. The loss is unmeasurable, but it's about principle... :)

GL

Additionally, if you want to keep it clean, delete unwanted entries in %userprofile%/ShellNew or %windir%/ShellNew (for Windows 9x).

If you didn't know, this also adds few miliseconds to your startup time (and during normal operation also!) because every time you start a program, windows check its registry entries. The loss is unmeasurable, but it's about principle... :)

Sorry for replying to myself, but I felt I should warn you: the first thing above causes problems with Microsoft office - that's a Windows Installer "managed install" and checks its files and registry entries on startup of its programs - you know, when you start an Office program and it popups a window for "repairing the installation" - but I'll post a fix for that some other time.

Second - verified with RegMon.

GL