Silent Install For Different Apps. Questions

Hectic

1. Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. I'm trying to silently install this from my unattended DVD. I've been trying to look up a surefire way to install it with putting my product key and other settings in it. Never found an answer that works 100%. Tried to make a setup.iss file; no go! The closes I've found is to add some switches to the batch file that executes it. This is what I've got:

start /wait msiexec /i %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Roxio8\setup.exe /qn /ProductCode="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" /norestart

Roxio uses a 17 digit code, seperated like this: xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. When inputing during setup, it goes to the next code block automatically, so you don't have to press TAB or anything. I have no idea if the above code is right or wrong. I can't use the .msi file for 2 reasons. One, the name of it has spaces, not one linked name. Two, whenever I try, it says you have to use the setup.exe file. Has anybody got this to install silently? Properly? (SIDE NOTE: I manually added the items from the "Contents" CD over into the appropriate folders in the "Install" CD) Also, what about slipstreaming or integrating the latest update into the setup folder?

2. DBpoweramp. Again, looked it up no straight answer. It uses the "Spoon Installer", the only program I know of that does. I found one posting somewhere that gave the switch "<Silent>" and said it worked for them. An unusual looking switch. I'm not sure if the quotation marks should be used or not, or exactly how it should be used? This is what I have in my batch file:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\DBpoweramp_10\DBpoweramp_Music_Converter_v10.exe "<Silent>"

Is it right, wrong, anybody know?

3. Intellipoint and Intellitype Pro 5.5? Found one thread that says for the intellitype, go to Program Files and copy the "Microsoft Intellitype Pro" folder and put it in the $OEM$ folder somewhere and set it up to copy over to your C:\Program Files\ folder on your system install. Then open up regedit and export the .reg file from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IntelliType Pro.

Add this into it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\type32.exe]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\\"
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\\type32.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"type32"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\\type32.exe\""

Put this in your regtweaks file to add it in the system registry. It's suppose to work. Will the same procedure work for Intellipoint?

Does anybody have a better or different way that works? Lets get a discussion going! Give it your best shot! :P

• 9 months later...

1. Roxio Easy Media Creator 8: Maybe try this:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Roxio8\setup.exe PRODUCTCODE=xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx /qn /norestart

or

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Roxio8\setup.exe PRODUCTCODE=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /qn /norestart

or directly with the MSI

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Roxio8\XXXXXXX.msi PRODUCTCODE=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /qn /norestart

2. DBpoweramp: Try with an AutoIt script that simulate button click. There are a lot of examples in this forum...

3. Intellipoint and Intellitype Pro 5.5: Simply do this, no?

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Intellipoint\XXXXX.msi /qn /Reboot=ReallySuppress

Edited by Bendes

• 1 month later...

Intellitype 5.5 won't work calling the MSI without editing it. You have to run the oemsetup.exe ((in the package) to call the oemsetup.ini file like this:

Oemsetup.exe oemsetup.ini

My oemsetup.ini is:

[KEYBOARD]

LANGUAGE=1033

DEVICE=WCK

SHORTCUTS=0

There's info in the help file on how to set it up for your particular model. Also, there's an OEMkeys.exe / oemkeys.ini where you can setup your favorites keys.

This installer is a major pain, but once you figure out the oemsetup.lini, it's simple.

Kel

I dunno about Roxio 8, but here's what I used for Roxio 9:

setup.exe /qn RX_EULA_ACCEPTED=1 Reboot=ReallySuppress ROX_KEYTEXT="XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=GoogleToolbar,SightSpeed,MediaManager,MediaCapture,DivXCreator,PhotoSuite,VideoWave,VirtualDr

ive,RoxioCentral

For Intellipoint, it should be pretty easy:

First, download Driver Grabber. It's a sweet little app from Siginet at RyanVM. This thing will grab just what you need for all non-Microsoft drivers (including Intellipoint, assuming you have it installed. It won't grab it from the installation .exe or .msi itself.)

Then, just use nLite to add it with 'Integrate Drivers'. That's it!! ;)

As for the rest, I'll look 'em up tomorrow. Kinda sleepy now.