NERO v7.2.3.2b With Orca

Nucleus

Well, I removed all "medialibrary" entries (With the r) and no nero scout appeared, nor nero search. Indeed these things that nero installs on our computers are really annoying.

I emailed them a while back, (after nero 7 was released) telling them that they should create separate packages for their products, becuase 125MB download was too much for dialup users, especially with their frequent updates releases.

They replied that the future updates for Nero 7 will be incremental, which means you will not have to download huge packages any more.

Still, I just want a CD/DVD writing software, not an 125MB / 21 Apps package.

Well, I removed all "medialibrary" entries (With the r) and no nero scout appeared, nor nero search. Indeed these things that nero installs on our computers are really annoying.

I emailed them a while back, (after nero 7 was released) telling them that they should create separate packages for their products, becuase 125MB download was too much for dialup users, especially with their frequent updates releases.

They replied that the future updates for Nero 7 will be incremental, which means you will not have to download huge packages any more.

Yeah honestly. Unfortunately it is not so :(

So my question still stands, do you know how to NOT install any nero scout crap. You say that you don't have the nero search installed, but could you just double check your taskbar context menu (see image from my last post)

Do you have that entry in the Toolbars context menu??

Edited by atomicrabbit

Yeah honestly. Unfortunately it is not so :(

So my question still stands, do you know how to NOT install any nero scout crap. You say that you don't have the nero search installed, but could you just double check your taskbar context menu (see image from my last post)

Do you have that entry in the Toolbars context menu??

:thumbup

I have also this tooolbar context menu and I also removed medialibRary (with R).

:unsure:

Someone......

After a new unattended installation I had the same problem, so I searched for and dropped all instances of "nerosearch". Did a new unattended installation, and the Nero search bar was gone. The R is just for Nero Scout.

EDIT

First post updated.

Edited by Nucleus

Nero.msi TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb REBOOT=ReallySuppress STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" MSISOURCEFILE="Nero.msi"

Hi Nero lovers !!!!!

this code works for me (NERO ULTRA 7.0.0.0)........except that

"do you want to reboot Y/N" (dialog)

pops up at the end of the installation

any clues as to why ????????

i tried changing (REBOOT=ReallySuppress)----no luck

tks people

p.s. visit greece

it's beautiful this time of year.......i think

(my monitor certainly looks good)

(i'll try going outside one of these days...............)

5-7-2006

H.E.L.P

H.E.L.P PLEASE

I've made my unattended dvd

and my only bug

is NERO asking for a reboot

I am sure everything is ok

I'm sure that : (REBOOT=ReallySuppress) this only needs fixing.............

Unless it is because my version is NERO ULTRA 7.0.0.0............????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If anyone can bail me out....

michellin@panafonet.gr

TKS..

Edited by MICHELLIN

• 3 weeks later...
After that, I attempted the install and noticed that it asked for only four files that I had deleted:

[FILELOCATION]Nero Vision\NT\GCCapture.ax

[FILELOCATION]Nero Vision\NT\GCHW.dll

[FILELOCATION]Nero Vision\NT\GCCore.dll

[FILELOCATION]Nero CoverDesigner\CoverEdCtrl.ocx

I imagine that if you keep these files, you'll be able to install Nero 7 without a hitch.

Just an idea, use ORCA to drop references to these files? Trying it myself now, will keep you posted.

Michellin, search for reboot in ORCA, try changing yes to no, again, trying myself ATM to test.

Just a suggestion, ORCA seems to pretty functional, try looking for the options you want to edit in there, chances are it will work ;)

Edited by griffin224

I followed your directions except I made a few modifications:

1) I kept the CD/DVD Burning Plugin

2) I deleted the folders that corresponded to the features I didn't want, more specifically:

*all folder names have [FILELOCATION] in front of them; this is the step after making the administrative install

Nero Home

Nero WaveEditor

InCD

Nero 3D

Nero BackItUp

Nero CD-DVD Speed

Nero CoverDesigner

Nero ImageDrive

Nero MediaHome

Nero PhotoSnap

Nero Recode

Nero ShowTime

Nero SoundTrax

Nero SmartStart

Nero Vision

After that, I attempted the install and noticed that it asked for only four files that I had deleted:

[FILELOCATION]Nero Vision\NT\GCCapture.ax

[FILELOCATION]Nero Vision\NT\GCHW.dll

[FILELOCATION]Nero Vision\NT\GCCore.dll

[FILELOCATION]Nero CoverDesigner\CoverEdCtrl.ocx

I imagine that if you keep these files, you'll be able to install Nero 7 without a hitch.

I tried this method and it worked, to shorten it down a little more I also removed the 9x folder from FILELOCATION]Nero Home Components which was about 16mb (since I'm only running it on XP what's the point in keeping it).

Made a switchless 7zip installer, came down to 31.7mb and installed nicely :)

The only other thing I want to work out is how to change the Start Menu, I was looking at this post and understand most of it:

Here's the batch file:

Shortcuts.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET NeroProfile=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Premium

MOVE /Y "%NeroProfile%\›œ›¦£β¤˜\Nero Burning ROM.lnk" "%NeroProfile%"
MOVE /Y "%NeroProfile%\›œ›¦£β¤˜\Nero Express.lnk" "%NeroProfile%"
MOVE /Y "%NeroProfile%\„¨š˜Άœε˜\Nero ImageDrive.lnk" "%NeroProfile%"
MOVE /Y "%NeroProfile%\„« ΅β«œ\Nero CoverDesigner.lnk" "%NeroProfile%"
MOVE /Y "%NeroProfile%\”૦š¨˜­ε˜ ΅˜ ™ε¤«œ¦\Nero Recode.lnk" "%NeroProfile%"

RD /S /Q "%NeroProfile%\›œ›¦£β¤˜"
RD /S /Q "%NeroProfile%\„š®œ ¨ε› ˜"
RD /S /Q "%NeroProfile%\„¨š˜Άœε˜"
RD /S /Q "%NeroProfile%\„« ΅β«œ"
RD /S /Q "%NeroProfile%\㮦"
RD /S /Q "%NeroProfile%\”૦š¨˜­ε˜ ΅˜ ™ε¤«œ¦"

DEL "%NeroProfile%\Nero ProductSetup.lnk"
DEL "%NeroProfile%\Nero Scout.lnk"

EXIT

The weird characters are Greek named folders, that had to be named like this to be understood by DOS. Rename them to suite your folder structure.

Only thing is I wouldn't have a clue what to rename these Greek named folders to. I'm using the English version. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

• 7 months later...

DJB

Nevermind, I figured it out

DO you mind sharing I allso would like to know this, what do you rename these Greek named folders to?

got it I think

MOVE /Y "%NeroProfile%\Data\Nero Burning ROM.lnk" "%NeroProfile%"

MOVE /Y "%NeroProfile%\Data\Nero Express.lnk" "%NeroProfile%"

MOVE /Y "%NeroProfile%\Labels\Nero CoverDesigner.lnk" "%NeroProfile%"

Edited by gummy2