NERO v7.2.3.2b With Orca

Nucleus

Question....In Orca, if you look under "Tables" and go into "Property" you will see "SERIALNUM_USERVAL" with the Demo serial. Can this Demo serial be changed to a working serial so that there would be no need for a Regtweak?

Nope, not working here.

Edited by Nucleus

The link is OK. When the page opens, scroll down where it says "FREE" and click on it. You will wait 20 seconds, and then 3 letters/numbers will appear. You'll put them in the empty box, and click the Download button.

Free hosting. What can I do? :)

Question....In Orca, if you look under "Tables" and go into "Property" you will see "SERIALNUM_USERVAL" with the Demo serial. Can this Demo serial be changed to a working serial so that there would be no need for a Regtweak?

Nope, not working here.

Didn't work for me either

Why am i getting this error?

Error 1311:Source File Not Found

D:\Nero\Cab\4D27F1D0.CAB

Verify the file exists..

I checked the directory and there is no cab file wiht that number

ScOOt3r!

Don't forget the SetupX step, where you run setupX until you get to the first screen and then cancel. This will not work if you already have any sort of Nero product installed, so I had to do this in VMWare.

Verify the file exists..

ScOOt3r!

After you extract Nero using WinRAR, run SetupX.exe until the first installation window appears. Then press cancel. This will extract all the files needed, and you will not get that error when you try to create an administrative install.

If someone has a way to do it, I can upload my reduced Nero 7 that works...The only programs that I tried to keep were Nero Burning Rom, Nero Express, and Nero CD/DVD Burning Plugin. When 7zip'ed, the installation was reduced to 29.4 MB! Then you would just run the install command outlined before.

I thought i had fully removed Nero Scout, but it seems like I did not, despite following those directions. In any case, I was able to reduce the file size a bit lower to about 116 MB uncompressed.

Edited by tap52384

Question, How do I remove InCD? The entry in the tables are:

InCDC9AC4AC7 - 0 - NOT(VersionNT=500 OR VersionNT=501 OR (VersionNT=502 AND WindowsBuild>2600))
InCDC9AC4AC7 - 200 - 1=1
InCD_Main7E381C95 - 200 - 1=1

:blushing:

Any ideas??

Edited by atomicrabbit

Ok i got it running now. but the only part i need more help in is.. how do i get it to install into C:|Program Files\Nero etc.. the proper directories. it seemd to install where my nero.msi file was.

ScOOt3r!

I thought i had fully removed Nero Scout, but it seems like I did not, despite following those directions. In any case, I was able to reduce the file size a bit lower to about 116 MB uncompressed.

To remove Nero Scout, you have to drop all "medialibrary" entries. If you are talking about the shorcut appearing in the programs list, you have to delete that using a batch file or something.

@ScOOt3r

It should install in C:\program files\nero by deafult.

Edited by Nucleus

Question, How do I remove InCD? The entry in the tables are:

InCDC9AC4AC7 - 0 - NOT(VersionNT=500 OR VersionNT=501 OR (VersionNT=502 AND WindowsBuild>2600))
InCDC9AC4AC7 - 200 - 1=1
InCD_Main7E381C95 - 200 - 1=1

:blushing:

Any ideas??

I had the same question. How to remove InCD. I did everything in my guide, and did not change anything for InCD, and after the installation, I didn't see any InCD entried in Start > Programs > Nero 7 Premium so I didn't pay any attention to it. Where is InCD anyway? I never used it before.

Edited by Nucleus

Verify the file exists..

ScOOt3r!

After you extract Nero using WinRAR, run SetupX.exe until the first installation window appears. Then press cancel. This will extract all the files needed, and you will not get that error when you try to create an administrative install.

My experience with Nero 7's msi is that it uses part of older Nero 7.0.8.2 installation structure. Normally I extract newer Nero 7 over old package to overcome this kind of issues.

Edited by hp38guser

Thanks for replying Nucleus.

I noticed InCD doesnt get installed too. When you install normally (not silent), and you choose to select the components you want to install, InCD has an "X" beside it. Maybe its just not included in this package??

I had another question. I followed your instructions to remove nero scout in Orca by searching for all instances of "medialibrary" and all seemed to be ok after the installation, but once I rebooted a crappy little search bar appeared in my taskbar called "Nero Search" :realmad: with a green arrow button beside it. (see the attached image) So I press the arrow and in the menu it had options in it, so I tried to get into options thinking maybe i could disable it, it gives me an error message:

Nero Scout Options

Initialization Error; Please install Nero again

post-99320-1151610332_thumb.jpg

Know anything about this. I don't know, but I think it might have something to do with some entries in Orca that appeared as "medialibary" (notice the missing "r" in "library"), should I have removed these as well? I didn't want to take my chances.

ALSO... There is an entry in my hklm\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key named NmBgMonitor.exe. I do not want this crap on my computer and I thought it was removed with your (nucleus') instructions. I do not know what else Nero installed (in regards to Nero Scout)

Advice? I dont want a search bar and I definitely don't want Nero SCAT! :lol: on my computer!!! I know its just a little search bar and it can be easily hidden, but I would prefer it not even be installed in the first place!

Edited by atomicrabbit