nLite 1.0 Final - RC not

nuhi

"---->[]" was a joke (only used in france?), meaning I knew I did some absurd remarks, so it's better for me to go out :blushing:

about .cat (again...), do you people use the sfc_os.dll modification? because I wondered if this modification is commonly used

"---->[]" was a joke (only used in france?), meaning I knew I did some absurd remarks, so it's better for me to go out :blushing:
ayt ... thought twas otherwise ... you pointing me out the door ;) ...
about .cat (again...), do you people use the sfc_os.dll modification? because I wondered if this modification is commonly used
@ jmbattle --- actually had the same inquiry from my earlier post ... yup, SFC* may be disabled via nLite or you may use a modified/emptied SFC* file to do so & deal w/ .CAT files

Isn't it possible to remove only KB CATs ?

(just a thought, I use HFSlip for updates)

Hotfixes have been known to update drivers too...

If you say so, I'll trust you. You're more experienced than I am and it's more than possible. The thing is I never saw such updates (again, you're far more experienced than I am ;) ).

yes, kb888111 is a very specific hotfix

let's start with a xp install source, fully updated (so with kb888111 inside it). if I remove sound drivers with nLite (what I do, of course why keeping all those unnecessary sound drivers?), kb888111 files are also removed in the move, and I still need to "re"install this hotfix after windows itself. it is a very, very little job to do, I do it with a batch (kb888111.exe /Q /N /Z), and so it absolutly do not annoy me!

the best way would be if sound drivers and "unified audio architecture (UAA)" were separated components in nLite... yet another idea for nLite's future!

thanks UAA, with it, my soundcard doesn't need driver, just install a tiny "hotfix" and the job is done :)

that's wonderful, ONE file, < 1 MB, will be enough to make working every modern soundcard! isn't it great?

"ONE file"... okay, even if it's an install package... it's still a very light piece of software
Edited by OuTmAn

I don't ever install control panel and other stuff like that... because I simply don't need it (2.1 speakers)...

for my "old" realtek AC97 system, I hacked its driver, in order to install only the .sys driver file... the resulting is less than 2 MB, compressed

(I just remembered nLite now supports 7z-compressed stuff! it would be very handy!)