nLite 1.0 Final - RC not

nuhi

you should ATTACH that file, its way to long to be posted :P

regarding my problem, nlite alone works wonders, ryans 2.0.7 + integrator 1.2.2 + nlite was perfect.

ryan 2.0.7a + integrator 1.3.0 perfect.

nlite alone : perfect

ryan 2.0.7a + integrator 1.3.0 + nlite = no go :(

ill start searching for integrator 1.2.2 again ( i deleted it)

as i explained before, if i use nlite after integrating ryans pack (2.0.7a) with the last integrator (1.3.0), i get missing files and a bsod after instalation is complete.

it was OK with ryans 2.7.0 (no a here) and integrator 1.2.2 (nlite always 1.0final).

ill leave my last session preset (i think thats what u needed).

i tried diferent conifgs and all are a no go.

Last_Session__2006.06.28_14.26.00_.ini

@Camarade_Tux: maybe we need a new thread--most of my recent builds, real or VM, suffer that weird new error (try right click on netwrok icon and doing a repair--ouch, oops, there it is, predictably). Thing is, I've always removed or disabled the components related to this, yet had no repair problems with errors. Mysteries abound, yet again. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

what error are you getting ? i can disable lan on VMware, and the only error i see related to NetBT is one telling me the computer name is not unique.

(i do have another error about windows setup, and in the setuperr.log it says something about not beeing able to enumerate something :P

pd:

nuhi, a guy said over ryans forum that the problem is not there with integrator 1.2.2

i remove the service you mentioned.

i have this in winnt.sif:

[Components]

Indexsrv_system = Off

Iis_common = Off

Iis_ftp = Off

Iis_inetmgr = Off

Iis_internetdataconnector = Off

Iis_nntp = Off

Iis_serversideincludes = Off

Iis_smtp = Off

Iis_webadmin = Off

Iis_webdav = Off

Iis_www = Off

Iis_www_vdir_scripts = Off

Iis_asp = Off

i never payed any atention to the file and printing sharing and other components (dont even know how to touch em), but i use printer sharing, since y have a paralel port printer in another pc, and my onw motherboard has no paralel port :P

Never ceases to amaze me.. Troubleshooting 101 - start with practically no modifications and work your way up.

@Sesshoumaru, I took a peek at your nLite settings file and you have quite a lot going on. If using the Integrator alone with 2.0.7 works fine, then I'm going to guess you're removing too much with nLite. My rule of thumb is "if I can't accurately detail what the consequences of removing <insert item here> are, then I don't remove it". I see way too many instances of people removing things and they don't have the slightest idea as to what it means.

For the record, just like Kel, I am able to use the RVM Integrator to integrate 2.0.7 and then use nLite afterwards and I'm having no issues at all.

Never ceases to amaze me.. Troubleshooting 101 - start with practically no modifications and work your way up.

@Sesshoumaru, I took a peek at your nLite settings file and you have quite a lot going on. If using the Integrator alone with 2.0.7 works fine, then I'm going to guess you're removing too much with nLite. My rule of thumb is "if I can't accurately detail what the consequences of removing <insert item here> are, then I don't remove it". I see way too many instances of people removing things and they don't have the slightest idea as to what it means.

For the record, just like Kel, I am able to use the RVM Integrator to integrate 2.0.7 and then use nLite afterwards and I'm having no issues at all.

well, integrating it with nlite worked, with the same things removed, so.. ? xD

2.07 (with no a) and integrator 1.2.2 and nilite (same config) worked too.

i got 1.2.2 again,ill test it and report.

EDIT: 1.2.2 is ok (but nlite is good too :P), something is wrong with 1.3.0 and the stuff i chose.

Edited by Sesshoumaru

Hi Nuhi, I have an idea for nLite:

Wouldn't be better if nLite make the components ckeckboxes in a desabled state instead of removing them when selecting a particular function from the compatiblity dialogbox.

I hope that you got the idea.

Regards...

Edited by BelowSky

Never understood why the Integrator was created... everyone always did the same task just with Nlite..

I hope someone is not trying to create a Remover or something, an app only to remove parts from Windows. :S Why create apps that have one of the functionalities of Nlite? Too much free time?