nlite is not as interactive as it should be

Guest xpuser

Guest xpuser

hello!

if I create fully unattended but I dont choose timezone, it will not be unattended

some fullnames are forbiden, eg user, administrator etc, but when I set 'user' in nlite, no warning pops up, what will really happen?

whats the difference with blank password and leaving password field blank?

thanks

"whats the difference with blank password and leaving password field blank?"

If the field is blank, you will be asked for a password during install.

"some fullnames are forbiden, eg user, administrator etc, but when I set 'user' in nlite, no warning pops up, what will really happen?"

As far as I know, you will be asked to enter a valid name. However, if have chosen the ********* (1) unattended mode, what you entered in nlite will be used even though it is not good.

(1) means I don't remember the name but in nlite, next to unattended mode, there is a button with all the information you may need.

"if I create fully unattended but I dont choose timezone, it will not be unattended"

Not nlite's fault.

And why are those Pringles boxes so deep ?

Anyway, I just got sick. :whistle:

Guest xpuser

I left it blank, I didnt choose 'blank password' and I was never asked for password during installation

"some fullnames are forbiden, eg user, administrator etc, but when I set 'user' in nlite, no warning pops up, what will really happen?"

As far as I know, you will be asked to enter a valid name. However, if have chosen the ********* (1) unattended mode, what you entered in nlite will be used even though it is not good.(1) means I don't remember the name but in nlite, next to unattended mode, there is a button with all the information you may need.

I tried leaving it empty, and nlite used the fullname 'Owner' :S

"if I create fully unattended but I dont choose timezone, it will not be unattended"

Not nlite's fault.

ok, nlite should warn at least though...

I left it blank, I didnt choose 'blank password' and I was never asked for password during installation

It maybe depends on the unattended mode you selected.

As far as I know, you will be asked to enter a valid name. However, if have chosen the ********* (1) unattended mode, what you entered in nlite will be used even though it is not good.(1) means I don't remember the name but in nlite, next to unattended mode, there is a button with all the information you may need.

I tried leaving it empty, and nlite used the fullname 'Owner' :S

Check in i386\winnt.sif (plain text file) if there is anything like that. If not, it's windows's fault.

Not nlite's fault.

ok, nlite should warn at least though...

Possibly : a warning if you left 1 or 2 fiels empty ?

Not a bad idea.

you're posting as if you're nuhi's boss and telling him off :P

nlite isn't made to be used by total noobs (not calling you a noob), its a usefull bit of kit that makes your xp a hell of a lot easier to configure, just fill in the fields..

Guest xpuser

I just make suggestions, no offence

its not about noobs, I just forgot to set the time zone :S