How can I flush all old DNS records?

Manual scavenging doesn’t’ seem to work, and the automatic setting of 7days is a bit confusing, does it flush it after 7 of it being on the network if it hasn’t checked in?

(Active directory integrated)

There are lots of hosts that no longer exist and I have dns records for them, this is causing a bit of an issue since some hosts don’t resolve correctly. I would like to manually flush out old/invalid records if possible, sure I could go ahead and delete them one by one but I’d like my server to maintain dns a bit better so please help =)

Can I set the aging/scavenging to 1day and leave it, and then hopefully in 25hours it will be resolved?

Dnscmd wotn let me manually run it; /

It's because the DNS service is still running. Stop the service, disable it, reboot, flush entries, set to automatice and reboot again.

DNS administration assumes that you have a secondary DNS server running somewhere. On the one that you want to flush, shut down the service and then run the admin tools to get rid of the old dns entries.

Manual scavenging doesn’t’ seem to work, and the automatic setting of 7days is a bit confusing, does it flush it after 7 of it being on the network if it hasn’t checked in?

(Active directory integrated)

There are lots of hosts that no longer exist and I have dns records for them, this is causing a bit of an issue since some hosts don’t resolve correctly. I would like to manually flush out old/invalid records if possible, sure I could go ahead and delete them one by one but I’d like my server to maintain dns a bit better so please help =)

Can I set the aging/scavenging to 1day and leave it, and then hopefully in 25hours it will be resolved?

Dnscmd wotn let me manually run it; /