when remote boot client WINPE.The system hang up in progress bar

Robell_Liu

when remote boot client WINPE.The system hang up in progress bar.

The screen display as below.

"please wait..."

">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"

My client machine is notebook .and the configuration contain (DDR2 512M, CPU P4 1.6G, VIA Rhine Family Fast LAN).

My server machine is notebook .and the configuration contain (DDR2 512M, CPU P4 1.6G, VIA Rhine Family Fast LAN).

MY Server remote software is microsoft RemoteInstall tool.

Could you help me?.

thanks.!

Try to described it more in detail and it will easier for the guyz to help out.... I assume u r refering to PXE (as in remote) and that u r using MS RIS as the PXE server.

Are u booting the client into WinPE using PXE? using which version of WinPE? 2004 / 2005 or WinPE 2.0?

Are u booting WinPE from a flat file structure or are u booting WinPE in the form of an .iso file on the server?

Normally when u get the "Please Wait" message it normally means that u lack some kind of driver, as the NIC or the masstorage driver...

try to run the same .iso in a VPC/VM-Ware session and see if it works in there before running it from the PXE server. That way u will know if there is a general problem or an issue cause by the fact the u r booting the client from a PXE server... normally u can choose to either emulate or use the physical NIC of the machine from within the virtual machine software, that way u can also try your driver for ur NIC from within WinPE. Try using the netcfg command or PENetCfg.exe (download) to detect that WinPE can address ur NIC correctly.

hope it helps...

Edited by Br4tt3

THank you very much.!!

1: I really used MS RIS as the PXE server.

2: My WINPE Version is WINPE 2005.and I boot WinPE from a flat file structure.

3: I made a sample .iso file from the flat file.as (oscdimg -bc:\build_x86\etfsboot.com

-n c:\winpe c:\winpex86.iso) and burn the .iso to CD that can boot from WINPE CD

normally in cilent computer.

4: I used VM-Ware as a virtual cilent machine ,and PXE boot from PXE server. The

remote virtual client WINPE hang up in "Please Wait" also. But I think the WINPE2005 should be

have the VM-ware virtual machine NIC dirver itself.

5: I only add the LAN dirver in WINPE File. The chipset,vga and audio driver is

InstallShield install package.

6:How can i install the Installshield driver package in WINPE file for PXE server.?

I would recommend u to add WinPE to the RIS box in the form of a .iso file instead of a flat file structure and boot it into RAM, even though it does not solve ur main issue. If u have the same problem in ur virtual machine as well or when booting from a CD/DVD I would recommend u to:

1. Rebuild ur WinPE base image. It has happend to me that sometimes (for no specific reason) the WinPE image does not work as intended. When redoing the whole thing again, it worked for me.... with no insurrance that it will though....

2. Add the NIC driver to ur WinPE image (tie into the image) using drvinst.exe (i think it is...) and try again.

That all I can think of..

Thanks.!

But drvinst.exe couldn't add the InstallShield install package driver.It's only add (*.sys,*.ini,) file.

and I had rebuilded the WinPE base image serveral times. But havn't success.!

Could you detail description an operation manual of the WINPE build and drivers install and PXE server configruation ? . I think compare my method to you.!

I am almost sure that u r able to extract the InstallShield package, either using the setup.exe or the .msi file that normally comes along with the download by using a command switch. What u what to do is to perform an administrative .msi installation and extract the files to a temp dir. From that spot, u will be able to run the drvinst.exe command on the .inf file(s).

If there is no switch for the InstallShield .exe then download a free trial of the InstallShield AdminStudio software (think it is named like that, I use Wise) and extract the files from that app.

Best of luck to u...

• 3 weeks later...