upnp for server 2k3

hi, well this readme file is yours but i made some changes as need and thats why i said " It's not competely my work" bcoz its of others. I din't change most part of your readme bcoz it was correct and easy to understand but there were few information missing which i found in someone else work on same topic and i just joint them.

Next time i will write name of person's i find helpfull. Thanks ;)

Hi,

I need help in this, the installation was normal, in Networking Services I Tick "Inter Gateway Devices Discovery and Control Client" and "UPnP User Interface",

However, the services don't appear:

Services "SSDP Discovery Service" and "Universal Plug and Play Device Host"

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i did follow the instructions (below) to the letter, but i still cant get wmp11 to share media, i use windows server 2003 SP2 x64. anybody any help please, thanks

for windows 2003 64 bit R2

1. Install netbeac.inf;netupnp.inf;netupnph.inf (click right mouse on inf ...)

move (*.inf and *.pnf ) to ---- > c:\windows\inf

move (*.dll and *.exe ) to ---- > c:\windows\system32

2. Open c:\windows\inf\netoc.inf Add UPNP & BEACON to [Optional Components]

UPNP

BEACON

3.ControlPanel-add and remove programs-add and remove Windowscomponents uninstall ie enhanced

in networking Tick UPnP

5.Open regedit [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost]

add SSDPSRV & UPNPHOST to LocalService

SSDPSRV

UPNPHOST

6.Open computer management - services "SSDP Discovery Service" and "Universal Plug and Play Device Host" to automatic

You can use UPNP sevice of Server 2003 (ControlPanel-add and remove programs-add and remove Windowscomponents - Networking Services - UPnP Use Inter..)

Setup Program asks you to put the cd of xp and 2003 do not All files required are in the CACHE folder so point it to that. (you need disk with your windows )

the files are all genuine ms files from xp & server 2003

reset

ps files dll and exe from windows_xp_64_sp2_vlc with last updates , tested on windows_2003_R2_64_bit_sp2