upnp for server 2k3

ive just reinstalled server 2003 and made a new upnp for service pack 1

if any one fancies it ive upped it to

http://www.deadboy.co.uk/stuff/upnp.zip

for sp1

http://www.deadboy.co.uk/stuff/upnp2.rar

for sp2

Instructions

1. Right click on and Install netbeac.inf;netupnp.inf;netupnph.inf & move Contents to c:\windows\inf

2. Open c:\windows\inf\netoc.inf Add UPNP & BEACON to [Optional Components]

3.ControlPanel-add and remove programs-add and remove Windowscomponents uninstall ie enhanced

in networking Tick UPnP

5.Open regedit

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost]

add SSDPSRV & UPNPHOST to LocalService

6.Open computer management- services "SSDP Discovery Service" and "Universal Plug and Play Device Host" to automatic

You can use UPNP sevice of Server 2003

Setup Program asks you to put the cd of xp and 2003 do not All files required are in the CACHE folder so point it to that.

the files are all genuine untouched ms files from xp & server 2003sp1 & sp2

hope some one finds it helpful

EDIT: new link added

Edited by rabiddog

• 5 months later...

Hello rabiddog, your link to the zip file won't allow me to donwload. Maybe there is something wrong with the link posted. the web site says the file has been deleted because the file was too big or larg. why would the site say that?

• 4 weeks later...

i PM'd rabiddog awhile back about getting that file, and never got a response, so i figured it out for myself...instructions and needed files are included in .rar

-joll69

MD5: D702658E19BCE36AD366A8967DFFB2F7

2k3_upnp.rar

Edited by joll69

• 2 weeks later...
i PM'd rabiddog awhile back about getting that file, and never got a response, so i figured it out for myself...instructions and needed files are included in .rar

-joll69

EDIT: mirror links here

-- rapidshare.com

-- megaupload.com

MD5: D702658E19BCE36AD366A8967DFFB2F7

Hey,

i just tried to install upnp on my server but i keep getting the following error

"An error has occurred which prevented the UPnP User Interface component from being installed or removed. The error was "The style of the INF was different the what was expected.".

followed by

"Setup was unable to build the list of files to copy for UPnP User Interface" The specific code is 0xe0000100. Setup will continue but the component may not function properly"

Then i get the same 2 errors for the Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Hey I found a solution to install UPnP on another forum. By following these instructions and using my Windows XP cd when prompted i was able to install UPnP on Server Enterprise 2k3 and it also works with Windows Media Player 11 to share media to devices like XBox 360 and also computers running Vista.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.ph...art=#entry65507

Edited by skyline987

Hello,

I have made a zip file containing all the files and information to install UPnP in server 2K3. I have installed it and its working fine in 2k3 sp2. It's not competely my work, I was trying to Google for it and didn’t found any working solution but I got an idea to do it from them. It doesn’t contain any install or bat file but it has a txt file where all information is written. Please follow them and do it. It is good to know & learn how to fix things…

Thanks to everyone

UPnP_2K3.zip

Hello,

I have made a zip file containing all the files and information to install UPnP in server 2K3. I have installed it and its working fine in 2k3 sp2. It's not competely my work, I was trying to Google for it and didn't found any working solution but I got an idea to do it from them. It doesn't contain any install or bat file but it has a txt file where all information is written. Please follow them and do it. It is good to know & learn how to fix things…

Thanks to everyone

it's astonishing how close ur readme is to mine...even the CaPs and puncuation are there... :ph34r:

i guess it never hurts to have someone clarify what i meant to say tho ;)

EDIT: so many years past and i still can't read :blushing:

Edited by joll69

hi, well this readme file is yours but i made some changes as need and thats why i said " It's not competely my work" bcoz its of others. I din't change most part of your readme bcoz it was correct and easy to understand but there were few information missing which i found in someone else work on same topic and i just joint them.

Next time i will write name of person's i find helpfull. Thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...