Install Shield

acen2006

Could anyone please tell me wot are the most common install switches for INSTALL SHIELD. As trying to find a switch for the HT Fireman application. Iv tryd /S /s /VERYSILENT /SILENT /QN and in lowercase but no luck, it may just be that there isnt one and im wastein my time. Thanks :rolleyes:

I should have done a search for this on the board. Iv been messing around with the setup.iss file but I still dont have any luck getting this thing to install. ?!!!!!!!!!1

Edited by acen2006

For installshield you have to first record the installation that you want with the /r switch.

For my example I'll a monitoring agent I use on my servers called eGagent. It has a setup.exe. I open a command line window and navigate to the directory with the agent and use the following to start the process of recording the iss file.

example:

setup.exe -r -f1"c:\eG\eGsetup.iss"

This will launch the setup application and you select the options you want and they get recorded to, in my case, c:\eG\eGsetup.iss and record a log file in case I messed up.

Then if you want to silently install the application you use

example:

setup.exe -s -f1"c:\eG\eGsetup.iss"

That's it.

Hope it works out. :thumbup

Yes man! that worked fine!. I ended up with this line :

start /wait %systemdrive%Htfireman\Htfireman.exe /s /f1"%systemdrive%\Htfireman\Htfireman.iss" /f

Just as a TEST and the application installed no problems :thumbup

Perfect.

There are some other switches with install shield but I find they are kinda pointless unless I'm debugging one of my own Install shield compiles.

/r and /s are our friends. :)

Yes man! that worked fine!. I ended up with this line :

start /wait %systemdrive%Htfireman\Htfireman.exe /s /f1"%systemdrive%\Htfireman\Htfireman.iss" /f

Just as a TEST and the application installed no problems :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...